dynoing with smarty- what can i expect?

paroxysym

planning on dynoing this weekend and im just trying to get an idea of what i should be getting. my original goal for this truck was 500 hp. now im shooting for about 450... with my current set-up am i going to hit that? if not what else am i going to need? my sig will give you a general idea of what im running. i know eventually im going to need a turbo, im running out of air at high rpms. appreciate the input fellas.:thankyou2:

planning on dynoing this weekend and im just trying to get an idea of what i should be getting. my original goal for this truck was 500 hp. now im shooting for about 450... with my current set-up am i going to hit that? if not what else am i going to need? my sig will give you a general idea of what im running. i know eventually im going to need a turbo, im running out of air at high rpms. appreciate the input fellas.:thankyou2:

Should hit at least 440hp. Gonna need Pressure box of some sort ta bump you up to 500hp along with a upgraded charger to keep temps in check.

My buddy's 04.5-05 consistently dynos 460-462hp with a smarty on 9, intake, and exhaust.

I know that I am going to need a bigger charger, mine gets HOT fast with the Smarty 4.01 and TST, I hope to break 500, with it.

I know that I am going to need a bigger charger, mine gets HOT fast with the Smarty 4.01 and TST, I hope to break 500, with it.

be careful with that stack.... Dockboy was using the same thing when he threw a rod ! The TST is a great box but, very powerful.

I think chris did 460hp with a Smarty and his 64/13 before he added the MP8 and the Twins and Sticks

My buddy's was stock turbo and stock tranny. He did it 4 or 5 different times on 4 or 5 different dynojets so I'd say that that's a pretty consistent number.

be careful with that stack.... Dockboy was using the same thing when he threw a rod ! The TST is a great box but, very powerful.

Thanks for the info, I am going to update the Smarty tonight or tomorrow to a newer version so that hopefully it won't get so hot.

Thanks for the info, I am going to update the Smarty tonight or tomorrow to a newer version so that hopefully it won't get so hot.

It's not so much the Smarty that will get you. It's the ability the TST has to add duration, timing and pressure. That added into what the Smarty has can be tooooo much for your truck. I'd start with the lowest settings on the TST and work your way up. Timing off, standard turbo, RP off. I bet you won't be able to get passed 2 before having more than your truck can take. or maybe you will... don't know your truck :)

Your setup

That's a dangerous setup in it's present form. The TST wasn't designed for that stack and there is toooo much overlap of the power factors, i.e. duration especially. TST is designing a new tune for it to play with Smarty so check with them in a few weeks. It is suppose to be available to be download on-line. Also take Bob Wagner up on the 4.2 Smarty tune but don't go maxing it out until you get the turbo. By the time you get say a 62/12 with the Smarty 4,2 and the TST w/new program you will be over 500hp easily. Until you get the TST reprogramed then keep it on the lowest levels or just by-pass it with their plug.

John told me before the tnt came out to set the tst on 2/0, the mp-8 on 50% and the smarty beta on 9 with my old setup, before inj and the pump. It drove great like that but real itchy trigger.

well put down roughly 450hp/845tq with the smarty on 170hp all 3 pulls. i think i need a new charger or im going to see what else i can do to get me more air.

Sounds about average.

yea i guess. im content, but at the same time im kinda ticked it didnt put out more. my original goal was 500 hp. but i didnt hit that and i dont know if i feel like adding a charger and studs, possibly sticks to get there. so who knows.

A smarty alone won't get ya to 500hp. A smarty and mp8 will break 500hp on a stuck truck.