Easy drive pressure gauge filter

Those of you looking for one of these, go to any parts store...Tell them you want a fuel filter for a 1986 Ford F-150 with a 4.9L (300) 6 cylinder.

I have most of hte parts for this filter, but I attempted to do Rich'es SS brake lines instead of the copper and I couldn't find hte right combo of parts to make it tight.

So I didn't bother and with in a few month it was clogged.. The problem I have is condensation mixing with the soot. Brake clean does wonders for helping flush the tubes.

Might I suggest running tubes bigger then 1/8 NTP before the filter, easier to clean out if they clog up.

I had some of the auto meter copper stuff so clogged, there was no way to clean it, no amount of pressure or brake clean did a damn thing.

My stainless brake line is 3/16" I think...maybe 1/4 but I don't remember. I just cut the flares off the ends and used compression fittings to make it do what I needed. Found everything I needed at Auto Zone. Sorry Scott. LOL

Had an interesting event the other day. Stomped my E-brake, ended up cutting my DP line where it comes into the cab. Wasn't too worried because it had been a while since I blew it out, being plugged with soot I wasn't worried about much of a leak. Got on the accelerator somewhat hard, and at about 30 psi boost a bunch of soot came out and sprayed into the cab.

My stainless brake line is 3/16" I think...maybe 1/4 but I don't remember. I just cut the flares off the ends and used compression fittings to make it do what I needed. Found everything I needed at Auto Zone. Sorry Scott. LOL

How long is your stainless brake line?

Had an interesting event the other day. Stomped my E-brake, ended up cutting my DP line where it comes into the cab. Wasn't too worried because it had been a while since I blew it out, being plugged with soot I wasn't worried about much of a leak. Got on the accelerator somewhat hard, and at about 30 psi boost a bunch of soot came out and sprayed into the cab.

I have a brass plug in my manifold where a failed attempt to drill a pyro hit the divider. it occasionally blows out and i get a cab full of smoke.

NOT COOL if youve got some girls with ya

From the previous owner of the piping, I have a hole in the pipe that comes from the exhaust manifold to the wastegate. Would this be a good location to mount this?

Bump. I am needing some info on this if anyone has anything they want to share.

Nothing more to share. I changed mine a while back when I changed every filter on the truck. Gauge still worked fine and I could still blow through the filter too.

thanks for the info Richard! i bought one the other day, and threw it all together last night.. worked really well, and its nice knowing you can change out the filter instead of trying to unclog 10' of tubing!

i'll be installing one of these on my buddies twin setups for the waste gate since i'm thinking that the soot is causing it to become stuck open.

i just installed a sunpro oil pressure gauge with sending unit attached to the manifold with 1/4" copper. I put a coupling and brass nipple on the coupling and filled with oil to the top of the nipple. The sending unit is down below the manifold so the oil won't leave into the exhaust. The gauge is very consistent compared to the old way piping the exhaust all the way into the cab. I was constantly dealing with plugging and soot in the cab. The readout is also different before the reading was 50psi now it is 75psi with the same turbo setup. I think the length of the tube the old way definately combined with soot made for inaccurate readings. IMO

It's just reading pressure...so if running the hose all the way into the cab is giving false readings so is every mechanical boost gauge on the planet.
A filter will definitely keep the soot out of the cab portion of the line.

It's just reading pressure...so if running the hose all the way into the cab is giving false readings so is every mechanical boost gauge on the planet.

just posting my findings. It showed me that my turbo setup isn't as good as i thought it was all last year. Maybe this will help out with other guys dialing their truck in. Boost lines don't have this kind of contamination and it is alot easier to drain out a little oil compared to cleaning a filter. At this point not even sure i will have to maintenance this setup, time will tell.

Not always true... Mine clogs up about every 3 weeks +/-a couple days :bang The filter helps ALOT, but isnt the "cure"..