Easy drive pressure gauge filter

I looked at 3 filters one including the 86 f150. Are you guys really putting the screws to get the 3/8NPT into the female threads?

No, I used a piece of 5/16" brake line on mine, it has a 3/8NPT fitting on it. My filter goes: 3/8NPT female in, filter, 1/8NPT male out. I wish I was closer to home so I could just get you the part number. I cleaned mine out just 15 minutes ago and looked for a part number to be stamped in it, no luck though.

I went and ordered a fuel filter for an 86 ford f150. The threads are a 1/2-20. I retapped a fitting to this and it went right in. The 33081 from two different stores has the same 1/2-20 threads.

Hmm, that's strange. Maybe mine isn't 3/8NPT, I just used a piece of brake line that had the same thread but male.

does this help?

IMG_1975-1.jpg

I got mine to work, I just tapped a fitting for the 1/2-20.

I want to bring this back up for discussion. I did the fuel filter like some have showed and I'm getting soot in the gauge and also my gauge flutters like crazy, I was looking into the snubber from parker. I might try a water separator like some have done. Can a guy get a snubber from napa?

I just received the dp kit from IssPro. There copper line is 27". Is that going to be enough for the exhaust gas to cool down? I am going to Tee into the factory line so that will give me at least at extra foot of line. After reading this I guess I am going to install a filter too.

Just an update on something to watch for... My filter literally melted inside and sent little pieces up the copper line which in turn plugged it. Really made a heck of a racket when the housing didn't open up while I was on the dyno.

So I would say change that little sucker once in a while to keep this from happening.

Could you post pictures of your setup? Are you guys running the filter before the copper tubing? Wouldn't that burn up the filter?

is the filter directional? will it make a difference if its mont the male or female end first??

I don't think it would make a difference but the female 1/2"-20 side is the designed inlet $.02

Back