Edge Drag comp / Edge EZ stack - any HP #'s?

LAmiller

THE KT-BOUNDARY
I was told by edge that if I would stack an edge EZ with my drag comp then I would see gains in performance - they said the comp box fuels by holding the plunger open longer and the ez fuels by increasing fuel pressure and that in most cases they have seen hp gains by stacking the two boxes.

My ? is has anyone tried this and what gain's have you seen on the dyno and at the drag strip??

Lavon

Id think it wouldnt help, since the Comp untapped is basically an EZ.

Seems like there would be be alot of timing going on, but I'm sure you would see a little gain. I don't know if its worth it though. I'd look into a smarty.

how would you wire it? there is only one diagnostic port, how can two boxes plug into it?

a friend of mine did it on his 2000 but and he plugged the ez into the truck and the comp into the ez. His ez doesn't fit my 01 or else I would have tried it -

He only sled pulls his truck and he thinks he could tell a difference but its hard to say.

I had a smarty on my truck for a month and the truck feels a lot stronger because of the low end fueling but at the track it made absolutely no difference and was harder to hold steady boost at the tree

I'm just wondering if I'd see a tenth or two gain in the quarter??

Lavon

I don't think there is any difference between the EZ and the comp on level 1-3.

I have been running a Catcher (no timing) and EZ stack for several months now. I could tell RIGHT AWAY when I took out the EZ that I had lost power compared to the stack.. I have a very highly calibrated butt-dyno.

In all honesty, the biggest difference I noticed was smoke control. With a catcher/ez stack, I had to make an effort not to black out 2 lanes of traffic. With only the catcher, I don't have this problem at all.

I'm happy with the EZ, but I want to get a pump-tap box now. The Comp is a great choice to stack with the catcher, but I don't know why you would do it with an EZ. From what I have been told, the TST comp version is the best stack with the catcher, but it has a VIOLENT shutter when you let off the fuel. The hot version of the comp is another great choice, but doesn't fuel in the higher RPMs like the TST. Down low, they are almost the same, its just about 2700 that they change. So I have been told.

The next box I'm going to try is the Bluechip FMS. I'm going to stack this with the catcher (no timing version). My only concern is that I will have 2 fueling boxes with no advanced timing. From what I understand, this will have the best low-end torque, but lose power in the upper RPMs.. The TST is also a fuel only box that would be very similar to the FMS, but fuel harder in the upper RPMs..

I just want to try something different. So guy buy my EZ and I can get the FMS installed. :D

Get a Van Aken timing box to stack with the fuel box, Timmy has one and loves it enough he won't let me borrow it LOL LOL

It is the poo.... :woohoo:
The Bluechip has a few featues that work with a timimg box.

Smoke Control Normal, Less, Minimum or Max Performance

Allows the user to customize fuel delivery curves to effect throttle response and smoke on take-off. The automatic setting is for those who want minimal smoke to be controlled automatically even in high elevations.

Timing Box None, Mild, or Wild

If you have a Timing Box installed with the FMS you can choose how soon the FMS enhances fuel delivery. This can also be considered a course adjustment for smoke control when a timing box is installed.

Race Mode Street Mode or Drag Race Mode

Allows the user to select a mode where fuel enhancment is controlled by boost pressure (Street Mode) or by time (Drag Race Mode). Street Mode is controlled smoke by carefully applying fuel enhancement by boost and allows other menu choices to be made. Drag Race Mode enhances fuel delivery immediately upon throttle movement at the percentage chosen in the fueling menu. This means that enhanced fueling occurs instantly, without waiting for the turbo to spool up. This will result in noticeable smoke, as well as maximum off-the-line power. Drag Race Mode is not recommended for street use!

That is straight from the manual.

i stacked a smarty level 8 on top of my comp at the drags and got like 2mph and no 1/4 mile E.T. improvement, just more smoke, the next weekend i installed my TST and lost 3 tenths to the comp, so i stacked the comp (ez mode) on my TST and got the 3 tenths back.. what i did see with just the TST and my injectors is that i got about 200 degrees hotter with slower times, so i went back to just the comp.

here are the results...

COMP only-14.3
COMP/SMARTY-more smoke 14.3
TST/COMP (EZ)-14.3
TST - 14.5

never got a chance to stack the TST smarty as i was borrowing it...

thanks for posting those #'s - I want to get an EZ before Fri. night and take it to the track and stack it w/ my Drag comp and see if I gain anything -

Anyone have an EZ for an 01 they want to sell or let me try??

Lavon

LAmiller said:
thanks for posting those #'s - I want to get an EZ before Fri. night and take it to the track and stack it w/ my Drag comp and see if I gain anything -

Lavon

I have one I'm trying to sell. Have it on ebay and a few sites. I would pull it off e-bay if I had a buyer.

I would be willing to over-night it to you if you wanted to pay for that type of shipping...

Let me know!

LAmiller said:

Lavon
I thought mike had one?

brandon.

I'll have to check that out but pretty sure he just has a comp, but your about to miss a party cuz me and allen are about to swap VP44's!!

2 and 1/2 hrs. I'm on a mission! (if everything goes smoothly)

Lavon

I don't think you can but if you come to Larue tomorrow night bring it along - I'll try anything!

I got the pump swapped and we'll see what it does tomorrow night - I think it makes a difference cause I went on a 1/4 mile run down our Amish International Raceway and boost kept climbing steadily to 65psi till I blew an intercooler boot, but the test will come tomorrow night when I run it through the traps. Can't wait, if it doesn't make a difference at least I won't have to buy another pump!

Lavon

Oh BTW it took a little over 3hrs for the swap, about 37min longer then what I was shooting for : )

Lavon

well the pump swap paid off!!

ran out of rpms and ran 12.4@105 w/ my 4.10 and 325/60/r18

Lavon

Um..I think Edge is either smoking crack, or thought you had an 03+ CR...

The EZ is timing only, the Comp is fuel and timing. You can't stack timing boxes if they both use the data plug connector.

Back