Edgewater Test and Tune, Embarassing

bbtank45

It was nothing serious but heres a vid of my truck running on friday at Edgwater in Cincinnati. Yes the times are embarassing but i was curious to see if thats mainly due to the extreme lag of my turbo.....

Best 60' of the night- 1.9 (launched at 20 psi)

Best trap of the night- 92 mph

Best 1/4 mile time- 16.01 in 2wd, 16.5 in 4wd

Just wonderin if the loss of time is cause of my lag or my obvious slow shifting...

Enjoy

wow buddy i had enough time to go make some:pop: on that one, lol j/k

lol your tellin me jeremie.... i turned some tunes on going down the track to help cure the boredom haha

would droppin that exhaust housing down to a 13cm help me out much??

iam not lookin for a race truck, just a little bit more speed out of my fuel

you could put together a nitrous kit for what that housing is going to cost you, and go a ton quicker :)

that housing isn't going to help THAT much

honestly, I think a smaller turbo would be a lot of fun... a 62 will support a toasty 600hp... you can put water injection on it to help w/ the temps.

or, like I said, pop it w/ a little nitrous to get that 66 twisting quicker :D

Wow, that truck has a LOT more in it. Try launching in 3rd and shifting at a higher RPM if that is possible.

I think your charger is fine you just need to learn how to shift. I watch my boost guage while shifting, on a good run my boost never falls below 20 psi during a shift. Learn to stay on top of your charger when you shift & your time will go way down. For me 2nd to 3rd is the worst if I loose boost on that shift it will add at least a second to my et. Also make sure you are not shifting at too low of an rpm, say your turbo really hits at 2100 rpm make sure your next shift is not going to drop you below that rpm. I aint no speed demon but thats my 2 cents.

Also, if you can't shift fast, try mashing the throttle in neutral while you're shifting to keep the turbo spooled a little better.