Effects of undivided ext. gate spacer on divided manifold & turbine housing

You're making it sound like pressure is the be all end all of shaft speed, it isn't.

You haven't added the slightest bit of useful data to this thread.

Yes, you are right, I've only given you multiple examples of my experiences with the issue you're discussing. :umno:

Yes, you are right, I've only given you multiple examples of my experiences with the issue you're discussing. :umno:

Multiple? By definition that means more than 1, you've given one example on page 3 of your experiences comparing two log manifolds against each other, when the conversation has been based around tubular vs.log since about page 2.

Multiple? By definition that means more than 1, you've given one example on page 3 of your experiences comparing two log manifolds against each other, when the conversation has been based around tubular vs.log since about page 2.

"Experiences" should have been experience. Mutliple examples of how a heat blanket has produced quicker spool on two different turbos. One example of a manifold being faster from 0 to 10 psi than the header.

Hey, I hope you can fabricate us all something which produces the flow of a header without loosing response at 0 to 10 psi. You'll sell more than you can make if you can truly accomplish this.

"Experiences" should have been experience. Mutliple examples of how a heat blanket has produced quicker spool on two different turbos. One example of a manifold being faster from 0 to 10 psi than the header.

Hey, I hope you can fabricate us all something which produces the flow of a header without loosing response at 0 to 10 psi. You'll sell more than you can make if you can truly accomplish this.

Hang on, is the speedshift manifold you were talking about earlier not the same as the ones on his webpage?

I'm thinking this fall or winter I will have prototypes to test to put my money where my mouth is.:lolly:

Yes, he had one of mine.

I picked up that much, but what I am wondering is if the manifold he had of yours was different than the manifolds on your webpage, he keeps saying it was a tubular header but I am only seeing log manifolds on your page, maybe I am in the wrong place?

I picked up that much, but what I am wondering is if the manifold he had of yours was different than the manifolds on your webpage, he keeps saying it was a tubular header but I am only seeing log manifolds on your page, maybe I am in the wrong place?

They are not equal length, just like a log style, but made out of pipe. I believe the 12v version on my site is actually his old header.

They are not equal length, just like a log style, but made out of pipe. I believe the 12v version on my site is actually his old header.

Yeah its a log manifold though, tubular/headers merge the primaries in a collector, log style manifolds merge into a primary.

Yeah its a log manifold though, tubular/headers merge the primaries in a collector, log style manifolds merge into a primary.

IIRC it was somewhat of a hybrid. There were four primaries that fed into the "collector" or plenum so to speak before the t4 flange. The number 4 and number 3 cylinders entered into a "collector" discretely with numbers 1 and 2 - 5 and 6 sharing the remaining two primaries heading into the collector.

IIRC it was somewhat of a hybrid. There were four primaries that fed into the "collector" or plenum so to speak before the t4 flange. The number 4 and number 3 cylinders entered into a "collector" discretely with numbers 1 and 2 - 5 and 6 sharing the remaining two primaries heading into the collector.

Any pics?

Any pics?

I tried to look up some. Let me see what I can dig up.

Looks like i've gotten rid of any of the good pics I have of it. I have two with the "glockinspiel" on with the turbonetics t66 I used to have but they aren't good pics.

Last edited:
In all honesty Speedshift's fabbed manifold is no different than a 3-piece Cast unit, both having the same design at the turbo flange.

There have been others who've run true headers. I wonder what they have to say. Forrest?

I didn't run a direct before/after with a cast manifold... but I liked it, EGT's were low...

Michael Watkins did a lot of testing with the stainless headers... they lost a little bottom end against the cast manifold, picked up a little power, lost a LOT of EGT

Greg put one on the projectx truck, pretty sure he was one of the ones who told me it lost some spool as well. (Tubular manifold)