EFILive For Common Rail Dodges!!!

edgerat said:
As I understood it NO there is no chance of an inside man helping. You have to sign waivers and what not. They have to sign one of those "if you invent something when you work here, it belongs to US" thingies.
People sign things all the time and go against it. In the words of johny knoxville "yeah but thats just paperwork"

CookCR said:
People sign things all the time and go against it. In the words of johny knoxville "yeah but thats just paperwork"
:hehe: Yeah I was alittle drunk when I signed it...:hehe:

DrSpeed said:
I thought that EFI live was going to have something for the ISBe "in the near future"...which was last spring. What happened?
LBZ & DSP5 software for the dmax happened. It gives us hope though, the LBZ injection system was rumored to be mostly Bosch-based in PowerPC architecture. I don't think they're trying to develop it.

bnraond.

Everything I have heard about the Cummins ECM screams foolproof :( They do not like the idea of anybody messing with the code. Just being able to reflash the PCM would help a good bit I would think, but that's just a guess.

Billysgoat said:
Everything I have heard about the Cummins ECM screams foolproof :( They do not like the idea of anybody messing with the code. Just being able to reflash the PCM would help a good bit I would think, but that's just a guess.

Then don't use a Cummins ECM.

There are several stand alone EFI controllers available, if a person could find one that will actuate a CR injector, you would be set.

All it takes is the right parts and a lot of programming.

MKoth said:
Then don't use a Cummins ECM.

There are several stand alone EFI controllers available, if a person could find one that will actuate a CR injector, you would be set.

All it takes is the right parts and a lot of programming.

Methinks that will be the way it goes, either that, or someone is gonna need help with a massive lawsuit by Cummins LOL LOL

Billysgoat said:
Methinks that will be the way it goes, either that, or someone is gonna need help with a massive lawsuit by Cummins LOL LOL

Or you could setup a dummy company in some third world country, and have all the programming done there.

ok most of you from tdr and cummins forum know that i have been testing a new beta "efi live" type of box, well it is working well, accually better than any stack i could come up with. we are in the pre-final stages of the soft ware and firmware, after this we will be testing the box with the monitor for a totally intrigated on the fly adjustability they have made it to where it is a plug into the ecm type of box, and some how gives you the ability to change on the fly fuel psi, duration, and timing to the limits of the ecm. and i have also ran around 4k rpm a few times--while i dont want to push it it's there.

there is one other company who is trying to make a downloader type of box and i know they have been haveing many issues so that may not happen for a while but we are supposed to be done with this in about 2-4 months depending on many things, as you can imagine. thanks

John is the father of DFI u could say , well BTW he replied to me today here it is We would like to work with someone to develop one. We don’t know anything about the crank and cam signals. We can also build the high voltage high/current injector driver we’d need…

John Meaney

Ah I see. I mentioned in the first post what I think it would take to fire a CR engine. If you want, send him my email address and we'll talk.

brandon.

I really think that a stand alone ECM is the next huge step for CR. Imagine a 6.7 CTD or 6.6 Dmax coming of the line at Six grand. Hell Yeah!:rockwoot: Right now we are both rpm limited by ECM. If someone comes out with one the P-pumps will be scared.:evil

Honestly I have had more Dodges guys ask me to put the laptop on their trucks. It is a big bummer I can not.

Last edited:
RacinDuallie said:
Matt- that Jeep Project you have going on sounds pretty neat, do you have pics of this swap?

There's a thread on the TDR...sorry I don't have the link handy. All the pics I've taken of the swap are in the thread.

Later,

Matt

I sent EFI an email yesterday asking about the probability of them working on a product for the Common Rail, this is what I got:
Hi Kai,

EFILive currently has no plans to support vehicles other than GM.
However, we are constantly re-evaluating our development schedule and if we do decide to support
manufacturers other than GM, then Dodge trucks will be our first choice.

Regards
Paul Blackmore
EFILive Limited

This email message and any attachments are privileged and confidential. If you are not the
intended recipient, please notify the sender.