EGR delete kits

04strokerdissel

Just curious to see which kits others have used and what is recommended. Starting to look into them and noticed there are about a million of these things out there(slight exaggeration) liberator, river city, sinister, etc. Best one and will they throw a code?

Looks like you have an '03 or maybe an early '04 truck. If stock tuned they will not throw a code when installed cause i have an early '04 and when i turn my truck back to stock it doesn't throw a egr code. My buddy has an '05 and his truck will throw a egr code when turned back to stock. So on the '04.5-'07 trucks they will throw a code when stock tuned. I believe the code is for insufficient egr flow. But if you have an SCT with custom tunes...it will automatically keep the CEL from coming on as it disables the egr. I like the looks and cost of RCD's egr delete kit. I however blocked mine off myself.

I have the first coast diesel performance delete. Id recommend it, ran it for 25 k miles with no issues.

Whichever kit you end up going with, make sure you remove the cooler also. It makes life easier down the road, and one less thing to worry about.

Just curious to see which kits others have used and what is recommended. Starting to look into them and noticed there are about a million of these things out there(slight exaggeration) liberator, river city, sinister, etc. Best one and will they throw a code?

RCD is a great one, liberator is pricey and there customer service sucks.

just did a first coast diesel performance and adam was awsome to deal with and the product was amazing. They also have great pricing.

RCD is a great one, liberator is pricey and there customer service sucks.

i couldn't disagree more !!!! we put a liberator on my friends 04 and it was great quality and the instructions were great. when we had a question we called on a saturady at 6pm and he called us back within 15min to answer our question.

yea its a 2004. guessing early 04. more than likely it will depend on pricing. i heard about the coolers, do the kits come with instructions on removing the cooler or is it rather easy? (first diesel, know a lot about them just havn't worked on many)

I have a FCDP from Adam as well. Parts did what they were supposed to, and he was great to deal with as well. Would definitly deal with him again in the future.

the liberator kit comes with detailed instruction for removing the cooler. the biggest difference between the liberator and fcdp is that fcdp removes the egr valve welds the opening shut where liberator leaves the egr valve in place since it doesn't function anymore which i think is better but fcdc cleans the intake in a hot tank to remove all the soot left behind from the egr valve. you cant really go wrong with either kit its just all personal opinion

When i did mine i used fcdp and i have never worked on a 6.0l. Adam helped me out the hole way and it was easy. took me 5 hours friday to have it all apart and then another 5 the next day to have it all back together.

i couldn't disagree more !!!! we put a liberator on my friends 04 and it was great quality and the instructions were great. when we had a question we called on a saturady at 6pm and he called us back within 15min to answer our question.

Ive Had Other Run Arounds with Them And Its caused me a geat deal of trouble, the oil cooler relocater kit they sent me was amazing, but the instructions sucked and so did there answering ability

Over the phone anyone can be a great guy.

You want to know how much people like him?

At all truck nationals a few years back, which is held 5 minutes from his shop. All his trucks were keyed :bang

Ive Had Other Run Arounds with Them And Its caused me a geat deal of trouble, the oil cooler relocater kit they sent me was amazing, but the instructions sucked and so did there answering ability

That sucks!!! its amazing what poor customer service can do to your company no matter how great your products are. you think everyone would have learned from ATS. i know haisley machine and EEP would have been out of business along time ago if it wasn't for their wives answering the phones and tech questions and both women know more about diesels than i'll ever know

I have FCDP, he cleans his intakes too. Swap out the oil cooler when you do the change, so you don't have to replace it down the road. It's a $460 part, worth it in my book.

On Edit: No one however will get it as clean as someone who cuts it open and cleans and massages the passages inside the intake (GoGo)

Just a note on your heads, have the machine shop install new injector cups with green loctite, most just test them, i prefer to change them the cups are like $4 each from ford and can save you pulling the heads again.

Also replace the copper washers and rubber gaskets on the injectors while you are at it. Might be $10 for the kit, can't remember

Thanks for all of the recommendations guy, greatly appreciated. With our latest hot tanking procedure the intakes get dipped 3 times, and the inside is nearly spotless. If you have any other questions, feel free to ask.

looking at your product i will probably go with your kit. looks like great quality! this doesn't require the cab be taken off does it?

no doing the EGR delete does not require lifting the cab. you may hit up PSDPlayer on here also. im running one of his manifolds with the delete, and its really nice also.. just another option for you to check out...

Back