EGTS

mstuck911

whats a safe maximum egt for a 2002 5.9 cummins. i see so many difffernet temps from different people. ive never got over 1150

I wouldnt be afraid of 1200 towing. For short burst you could go higher. Towing I try and keep it 1200 or below

agreed. Ive pulled alot of long grades at 1200*. when i pulled the head, pistons/cylider walls looked great. Can't speak for the turbo though..

I try to keep it under 1200 but have ran up to 1350 for few sec. pulling the top of a hill.

Mine sees 1600* daily for 70-100mph runs. Normally it'll run between 950-1200* for daily commuting. 206k miles and going strong.

Mine has seen over 1800 down the track. 1500-1600 pulling long grades with a single and twins on it. dropped a valve seat a couple month ago and just pulled the head expecting to see the pistons melted and the wall scared all to crap. But everything looks perfect so i was really surprised. 1200 is nothing

Mine has seen over 1800 down the track. 1500-1600 pulling long grades with a single and twins on it. dropped a valve seat a couple month ago and just pulled the head expecting to see the pistons melted and the wall scared all to crap. But everything looks perfect so i was really surprised. 1200 is nothing

That's good to know!

I've had mine reach 1600 a few times (probably more but my gauge doesn't go high enough) on a quick WOT run with my TST Comp murdering my little 62. So far I haven't noticed any running or sound difference in a good half a year so far. Granted I've never had the head off either:lolly:

im just making sure that you know these numbers are in the manifold not post turbo..

1400's a good daily driving avg... my buddy hits 2200 more often than he should... ya exhaust manifold pre turbo.
still ran great. he's p-pumpin it now though. didnt see any problems with his pistons, but I dont think he looked close enough. 2200 one more time lol

And to think i was worred about hitting 1300 pulling my 35ft fithwheel up hills. on the stock hx35, but would like to get them lower on the chep side cant drop the cash for twins so what would be the thing to do a 35/40 or ?

If ya can't bury the pyro, you need more fuel... ;)

I try to keep my long pulls under 1300*, but I've buried my 1800* pyro many times, and it gets buried every time down the pulling or drag track...

If ya can't bury the pyro, you need more fuel...

LMAO. i here ya. but my truck is bilt to pull my 5er. with 410 and a 5 speed at 60 mph its turning 2,000 rpms. on thre redlind it will go 112 mph and thats it

My 04.5 saw 1350 pretty consistently...575rwhp and no programming.

i got my gauge after the turbo,right in the elbow. is that a couple hundred degrees less

And to think i was worred about hitting 1300 pulling my 35ft fithwheel up hills. on the stock hx35, but would like to get them lower on the chep side cant drop the cash for twins so what would be the thing to do a 35/40 or ?

the 40 is a band aid but will still add more air, then an s300g...then a 62