Electric fuel pump?

Johndeere9610

Ford guy
Not looking to go engine driven pump. I'm running a A1000 pump with a aero regulator all 1/2" line and dual fueled 13mm pump. I'm dropping fuel pressure way down. Any good upgrade elec. pumps?

What about the Aeromotive eliminator or Pro series pumps? Maganfuel has some BIG electric pumps as well, I like the one Dockboy posted. I'm looking into a new fuel system as well, so I would like to hear what others use as well.

I run an Aeromotive Eliminator on mine and like it.. I havent had an instant trouble out if it.

Any info on fuel lab stuff? My options are open just wondering what others are using.

Lots of Ford guys run fuel lab pumps with no problems. They cost a little more but the quality seems to be there

Last edited:
Not looking to go engine driven pump. I'm running a A1000 pump with a aero regulator all 1/2" line and dual fueled 13mm pump. I'm dropping fuel pressure way down. Any good upgrade elec. pumps?

I have always heard the a1000 is one stout pump, has the fuel pressure drop always been an issue? Is the pump getting weak? Overheating issues? Return too small? All things should be considered.

I have always heard the a1000 is one stout pump, has the fuel pressure drop always been an issue? Is the pump getting weak? Overheating issues? Return too small? All things should be considered.

Fwiw we went threw 3 a1000 pumps. Granted alcohol is a tad hard on things but still. Magna is what we went to

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

You have to run really big returns on A1000's. That's crazy it's dropping pressure, must be a pretty serious 13mm pump.

I'm running -8 pressure and -6 return all stainless steal braided line with earls fittings pulling from a draw straw. Going to re check volts at the pump tonight. It's the first tome I have had a pressure gauge in cab to really be able to see it while under load. As far as pump about 800cc and 5000 rpm.

I'm running -8 pressure and -6 return all stainless steal braided line with earls fittings pulling from a draw straw. Going to re check volts at the pump tonight. It's the first tome I have had a pressure gauge in cab to really be able to see it while under load. As far as pump about 800cc and 5000 rpm.

honestly thats not big enough for that pump. on my drag jeep and my dads truck we are running a -12 feed line and a -10 return. alcohol = more fuel yes but that pump needs the flow regardless. we are also running the same setup on a gas motor with a little F1R procharger as well. the big return line is whats critical on those A1000s. those pumps dont come with a -10 line in and out for nothing lol. this is what we went to and havent had a lick of problems either

Pumps - ProStar 500

What is your pressure regulated to and what is it dropping to WOT?

60psi and drops to about zero

Sounds like it time to rethink my fuel system. I've been wanting to make some major changes so I guess its time. Winter is right around the corner.

60psi and drops to about zero

Sounds like it time to rethink my fuel system. I've been wanting to make some major changes so I guess its time. Winter is right around the corner.

-6 return is ok, even Aeromotive says that's fine. Where is your regulator, pre or post injection pump?

I actually talked to Aeromotive today at SEMA, and I mentioned your problem....they said the Eliminator pump flows a ton more than a regular A1000, so it's not like it is a slight upgrade, it is a huge one, 1,400lb/hr vs 900 lb/hr.