Emergency Shut down for CRs

Rockin S

What is everyone using for Emergency shut downs for Common Rails? Air or electronic kills?

Air mostly, but I guess you could kill the fuel also

Already have a fuel kill. Its called the key... I have been working on an idea of a electric actuated open on setup. I just would rather have it post CAC instead of on the intake side so if you have a charger blow apart it doesn't take it out of the loop. Big challenge is getting it to hold 150 psi or so.

i need to have a kill switch of some sort for sled pulling this year and was also curious how anyones done one i know on my 12 valve i just have a guilotine on my intake but will that work the same on the cr motor? unfortunutly the key just isnt good enough for the rules now that i jumped into the modified class

Use an air shutoff. Simple and protects against mechanical failure, where as electronic won't. These things run on more than just diesel...

Here is a very easy setup. I bought the gate from blastegate.com
IMAG0075.jpg

IMAG0076.jpg

I just ordered one from Engineered Diesel, not a guillotine but a butterfly valve. Should work pretty good. I have seen where a diesel runs away turn the key off and it pulls oil from around the valves making it run away on oil.

Air shut off is the only way to go

I don't like dumping the key who knows what the fca's are doing, no pulse width and full stroke pumps is diamond making pressure without enough relief if fools are still running without reliefs.

there are lots of fools not running reliefs they mess up too much and can cost you a race

For the record when I said the key I was clearly referring to the previous post about a fuel shut off. I just noticed I did not mention air shut off when discussing the electric actuated shut off post CAC.

For the record when I said the key I was clearly referring to the previous post about a fuel shut off. I just noticed I did not mention air shut off when discussing the electric actuated shut off post CAC.

The only positive fuel shut off is a dump valve. Air is a better single choice due to the engine running off of more than just fuel.

Well, we're picking nits here, but there's no way for a CR injector to fire if you kill the power to the FICM.

Doesn't matter if it is running on oil though...

Keating makes badass air shutoffs.

To kill a run away diesel you usually have to kill two sources of fuel, the fuel itself and the air

Why is this so hard to understand

Sent from my smartass phone