Engine fitment.

blackandstacked

certified idiot
I need to know if an 01 7.3 will work in an early production 99. I've been told that the IDM in the early 99 will not drive the injectors from the 01 engine. Is this true.

I need to know if an 01 7.3 will work in an early production 99. I've been told that the IDM in the early 99 will not drive the injectors from the 01 engine. Is this true.

any year 94.5-03 IDM will work and yes on the 01 in an early 99.
What trannies on each engine?

They are a direct swap then.

thats true, But one thing the down pipe will be different, as the olded ourly 99 7.3 had a diffent turbo which sets lower, and the 00/01 and up motor have the better turbo, and a bigger down pipe, so you will need a newer down pipe. Later SickFord.

thats true, But one thing the down pipe will be different, as the olded ourly 99 7.3 had a diffent turbo which sets lower, and the 00/01 and up motor have the better turbo, and a bigger down pipe, so you will need a newer down pipe. Later SickFord.
Sorry, wrong!!
No such thing as an early 99 DP.

99-03 are all the same.

Sorry, wrong!!
No such thing as an early 99 DP.

99-03 are all the same.

the first part of 99 their is a diffence, on the turbo the DP and the Turbo Ped, the turbo output to the intake for the motor I KNOW as I swapped out all of this on a ourly 99 truck, to put the 99.5/00newer stlye turbo and all on a friends truck. the down pipe is Longer for the later 99 and up trucks, because of the diffence of the newer style turbo,as it has to have a diffent Ped to Mount on, which is Higher, which is the reason for the longer DP. check with your ford dealer in the parts department, they can give you the right part. numbers.. SO who is WRONG, FORD. O well. GOOD luck Blackandstacked with your swapping in a Newer motor. Thanks SICKFord

the first part of 99 their is a diffence, on the turbo the DP and the Turbo Ped, the turbo output to the intake for the motor I KNOW as I swapped out all of this on a ourly 99 truck, to put the 99.5/00newer stlye turbo and all on a friends truck. the down pipe is Longer for the later 99 and up trucks, because of the diffence of the newer style turbo,as it has to have a diffent Ped to Mount on, which is Higher, which is the reason for the longer DP. check with your ford dealer in the parts department, they can give you the right part. numbers.. SO who is WRONG, FORD. O well. GOOD luck Blackandstacked with your swapping in a Newer motor. Thanks SICKFord

Sorry my bad, I only just started playing with these trucks this past week, looks like I still need to learn alot.

again sorry I doubted you.

how many motor swaps you got under your belt sickford?:hehe:

Grab a pen and pad PSR, I think you've missed your lesson, because you've just been schooled:hehe:

There is only one difference I know of in the exhaust of the early 99's and that would be the cat in/on the downpipe. If the EPA feels that the 99.5+ trucks don't need one, it should've been pulled out already. Either way, the flange and everything else should mount up just fine.

Just my .02

I'd have to say that suckford might just need lessons in spelling and real world education..........LOL