Engine fitment.

DAM Guys, sorry I mIss seplled soem shiznit, me only made it to fast grade. or twas htat sexcond grade., to answer a few ?'s about how many motors I have swapped just a few, one or two or twas ti 3 ro 6 here and their. I wasnt tring start all this, I know their is a diffence, from what I have done. all any one has to do if they dont Know the diffence in parts is call their ford dealer and ask for the parts department. I DONT KNOW EVERY THING, but I did go to school, on this one, the school of busted knuckles. Later SickFord

O one more thing sorry Blackandstacked that the Thread got so out of control.Let US ALL KNOW, when you get the swap done. SickFord

I did a turbo swap on my early 99, with no down pipe issues at all. It fit just like it did on the early 99 turbo as it did on the 02 turbo setup i got.

I did a turbo swap on my early 99, with no down pipe issues at all. It fit just like it did on the early 99 turbo as it did on the 02 turbo setup i got.

Cool, was that a stock downpipe or an after market. downpipe, as I dont Know if the after market down is made the same for 99 - 99.5 and up. Like I said I dont Know every thing. SickFord

Now when you say "...all the same.", does that mean they are Exactly the same or very similar?

Thanks
I probably should have said they will interchange:Cheer:

the early 99's had cats so technically they are not the exact same but will interchange with each other.

Sickford, most I said most people that would end up on this forum would already have installed an aftermarket exhaust system and the swap would have posed no problems.

even if it were the stock exhaust a swap could mean he reused the early 99 turbo and pedestal or even if he used the 99.5+ turbo it would still work.

BTW don't sweat it, I used to be young and cocky and knew everything as well:poke:

if you want to have some real fun and educate some guys that think they know everything come on over to www.powerstrokenation.com the Ford version of compd.

Last edited:
It was a 4", but iirc when you order just a downpipe or a complete exhaust, its for a 99-03, there is no difference if you are early 99 or not, it will still fit.

the early 99's had cats so technically they are not the exact same but will interchange with each other.

Sickford, most I said most people that would end up on this forum would already have installed an aftermarket exhaust system and the swap would have posed no problems.

even if it were the stock exhaust a swap could mean he reused the early 99 turbo and pedestal or even if he used the 99.5+ turbo it would still work.

BTW don't sweat it, I used to be young and cocky and knew everything as well:poke:

if you want to have some real fun and educate some guys that think they know everything come on over to www.powerstrokenation.com the Ford version of compd.

Thanks Powerstroke, for the invite, yes its true most people would have the upgrade, when I did Mine I was using ford factory parts, I tried to use the early 99 factory DP and it wasnt going to fit for some reason it was to short, I went and pulled a factory DP out of the parts truck I had and it went right into place, just to see what the deal was I placed them side by side and the older DP was about 1- 1 1/2 shorter from the bend to the flange, this was all factory parts, so thats what I had based My Young and cockyness On :poke: LOL. Maybe I just had some thing that wasnt just right Who Knows if I had all the answers I would Be Rich. I'am just finding some of the Sites, I have been more into Ford Mustangs More than any thing, the trucks I have had have been to work with Not Play with, but thats going to change, twin turbo cummin's in My 03 sence the 6.0 went bye bye. LOL. Also as to educate, I dont Like to put it Like that, just tring to pass on something that may help some one else, so they dont have to go and find this stuff out the hard way.Every one has to learn something New every know and then.I have learned some thing From this My self. Later SickFord or as somebody Said Suck Ford.LOL

Now u are OLD and Cocky?????:poke:

Now u are OLD and Cocky?????:poke:

is their any other way to Be, well if their is I dont know how to.maybe i need to go to school on that and learn something new again, or am I to old of a dog to learn new things.:hehe: Later SickFord

is their any other way to Be, well if their is I dont know how to.maybe i need to go to school on that and learn something new again, or am I to old of a dog to learn new things.:hehe: Later SickFord

Actually the Old and COCKY comment was directed at LOTT, lol. we have to bust his balls all the time!

Actually the Old and COCKY comment was directed at LOTT, lol. we have to bust his balls all the time!

well I Just got in on the ball busting a little, plus I'am Old and cocky some times.Its all In fun. If some body called Me Old and Cocky I would have to tell them Thank YOU. Its take time and some age to be Old and Cocky.. Later SickFord

all you ford guys fight about nothing. 35 posted about a down pipe! i
am sure glad i sold my PSD (pretty sad diesel)to get just another slow dodge.

all you ford guys fight about nothing. 35 posted about a down pipe! i
am sure glad i sold my PSD (pretty sad diesel)to get just another slow dodge.

if thats slow then My ford Is Fast As Hell.LOL If i could get a deal from a Buddy I would have a cummin's in a Ford and have a slow Fummins.Good luck this weekend at steel. Sickford