engine rebulids

jpw05cummins

How much does a rebuild usually cost for a 04.5 dodge. Pretty sure mines going to beds one since it started knocking last night

The cost will very. Do you want to go back to stock? Build it up? Are you going to do it yourself? How bad is your motor?

The search function is your best friend and your worse enemy.

How much does a rebuild usually cost for a 04.5 dodge. Pretty sure mines going to beds one since it started knocking last night

Don't be fooled by a knock a sticking injector will give you a knock like your engine is falling apart, unless you ran it low on oil the lower ends in these engines are pretty tough. but don't continue to run it or it will be toast

It wasn't low on oil and didn't lose any oil pressure. I drove the rest of the way home. It still starts but the knocking is really loud. Im located in lima oh called talk to a couple people there saying 3000-4000I grand for a rebuild

It did last night when I started it so a buddy of mine could hear it it lost oil pressure for about 10-15 sec then bounce back up to 35-40

Before you spend that kind of money I would have the injectors checked, when you say it lost oil pressure for 10-15 sec is that on start up before you seen oil pressure or after start up?

It had oil pressure on start up and then lost it for about 10-15 sec and then went back up

3-4k if you pull the engine and put it back in. We do a ton of rebuilds at the shop. Load it on a trailer and bring it to Iowa.

Common rail oil pressure guage is a joke. It's nothing more than a pressure switch. The dash shows calculated oil pressure.

Justen, you're just going to have to pull the injectors or the head. Right now you are just taking stabs in the dark of what it might be...

Common rail oil pressure guage is a joke. It's nothing more than a pressure switch. The dash shows calculated oil pressure.

Exactly. I always use a mechanical gauge right on the filter head on rebuilds until they are broken in and the dash NEVER reads as high as the gauge I put on. Typically the dash reads around 40 to 50 cold and my gauge reads around 80 to 100.

Drain the oil and cut the filter open and see if there is bad stuff in it. And check for codes.