Enough is enough I'm doing it

2141pete

Hell I dont know
Well I've been patiently waiting and telling myself this wasnt for me but after the truck assing out on me again this morning I've decided it's time. I'm going to start gathering parts and try to get started. Any hints not mentioned frequently are appreciated. One question is for the guys who have pieced togehter kits. If you had to do it over would it just be easier to buy the kit from schied or haisleys or piece it together? I would say I have avery good mechanical ability but will be the first to admitt I am P-pump stupid. Just like anyone else this truck is like part of the family so I would hate to go in the wrong directions on this.

Thanks, Pete

pm odie.. he parts out alot of trucks and seems to always have ppump swap kits. minus lines of course.

I know its asked alot I'm sure but pretty much everything but lines can be pulled from a donor engine right? Except of course the cam sensor relocation stuff for my 02'?

i pieced mine together, saved a ton of money that way, i had maybe $1000 in it vs 1800-1900 for the kit.

Thanks TJ, I remember reading about you doing yours. I'm not looking to go crazy maybe 600-650hp wich isnt much more than the 570 I was at last time. What all is required as far as the pump itself goes for that?

all i know is the guy i got my ppump kit from bought it from odie.. it was complete minus lines. and he got it for well under $1000. got my lines for $400 shipped and they were basically brand new. came off a truck that had less than 500 miles on a complete build.

all i know is the guy i got my ppump kit from bought it from odie.. it was complete minus lines. and he got it for well under $1000. got my lines for $400 shipped and they were basically brand new. came off a truck that had less than 500 miles on a complete build.

Dang I'm gonna have to hit him up. What misc bolts and nuts will you have to run down? Also maybe a silly question for those who know but I know about the KDP's in the 12v's. Is that a problem when using a 12v case for the swap?

these are some things id like to know also. my cam will be here anyday and thats the last part im waiting on but i probably wont start the swap till october when i come home from school for work. that way i can stay on it once i start.

Yeah I sent Zack a PM about a cam earlier. Hopefully I can squeeze it in the budget.

thats what im runnin.. all hamilton valvetrain... zack is a helluva guy. so are the guys in his shop. he really hooked me up on my cam. id recommend anyone to him.

After reading the boards on cams for a while I dont think I'd go with another. I wish I would have went with his springs but I already have sportsmans.

i did the same thing.. did alot of reading around and talked to a couple guys running his cams and then talked to him in person at thunder in muncie and numerous pm's sent on here... im with ya. wouldnt go anywhere else. got his cam, billet push rods and 110# springs.

PM user BearBeatsAll. He has a 180hp pump that he is looking to sell for a pretty good price.

Good luck Pete... talked to you a bit about turbos on CF.... we're doing my Ppump swap in November.
Yeah my plan for that is kinda on the back burner right now but hopefully will get and S400 under there soon. All my turbo $$ will be going towards this plan now though.

PM user BearBeatsAll. He has a 180hp pump that he is looking to sell for a pretty good price.
Thanks I'll look into that. How do the plates, DV's holders, and GSK's play into all this. I'd like to stay around the same HP how reasonable of a goal is this without some crazy benched pump?

When switching to a 12V timing case you will have to tab the KDP, very easy to do with a piece of scrap metal.

I talked to a guy at Pensecola diesel today and got a deal I could live with it it is worth it. He says it is their performance 160 pump. They can install a 4k gsk, and 191 dv's, cut a custom plate for it, and set it where I want it for around $1350 and they will take my VP44 in on core. What do the pro's think on this. I'm thinking around 350cc's of fuel should work for me. Any input on this?

Pensacola Diesel Inc. - DODGE/CUMMINS :: FUEL INJECTION PUMPS :: P7100 PERFORMANCE PUMP

I figured They wouldnt be the best choice when I asked him if I could install a valet switch on a 24v and he said I wouldnt be able to use electronics or a chip anymore lol. I just thought it was a good price. I'll more than likley look for a good deal on a 913 pump.

Back