Enough is enough I'm doing it

Ok so here is my plan now.
160 pump set at 350cc maybe a little more with a #10 plate and about 18* of timing, Go back to Mach 5 injectors, a Hamilton cam, and if I can swing it a fluid damper. Is it safe to say I could stay around the same HP?

Do I need to use a 12v timing case and my cover? or do I need the cover from a 12v too?

24v cover will work; case needs to be swapped.

Not sure I agree that a stock 215 will get you to 600. Keep in mind they are core pumps so they may need work.

i will be doing this swap in the furture also. i would just buy the kit from scheids. ya its a lil more money but you get EVERYTHING. gaskets, bolts, everything.....when i do mine i am just going to use the KDP hole on the 12v case for the cam sensor, and then just notch a mark TDC on the pump gear with a die grinder or something.

24v cover will work; case needs to be swapped.

Not sure I agree that a stock 215 will get you to 600. Keep in mind they are core pumps so they may need work.

A 24V case WILL NOT work, I believe the hole for the VP is a different size than the p7100. The KDP problem might not be a problem, depends if you buy a used 12V case or not. The new 12V cases from Cummins have a blind hole now that remedies the tab issue. That being said, 10 minutes with a grinder and a pair of visegrips can make you a tab for free.

A 24V case WILL NOT work, I believe the hole for the VP is a different size than the p7100. The KDP problem might not be a problem, depends if you buy a used 12V case or not. The new 12V cases from Cummins have a blind hole now that remedies the tab issue. That being said, 10 minutes with a grinder and a pair of visegrips can make you a tab for free.

I did not say THE CASE will work; THE COVER will work.

Thanks for all the help guys. Why does everyone that knows more about this have to live so damned far away?

I may just save a few bucks and find a good used 160 pump though. I'd really like to do the cam at the same time. Has anyone used the ATI dampners on our trucks?

Odieub is his username. I have been to his place and he is a really good guy. He usually has everything in a used kit, you will just need lines, gaskets and cam sensor relocation.

i would just piece together a kit. i did my whole conversion for under $1000 but i got some really good deals on stuff. probably be able to get it done for under $1500 if you shop around.

Well I found a complet 95 4x4 about an hour from the house today for $1900. I may just buy the truck and part it out.

man i would do it if i thought i was going to gaim something but the way the truck runs now i think i would be taking a step backwards unless i went with a 4000 dollar 13mm which i can afford but really dont want to

If your still looking for a pump I have a 180 pump ride42 was talkin about I also have a modded 160 pump that I didnt really wanna part with but im pretty low on cash and could use some. Let me know if ya wanna so anything just send me a pm.

Back