Enough is enough I'm doing it

man i would do it if i thought i was going to gaim something but the way the truck runs now i think i would be taking a step backwards unless i went with a 4000 dollar 13mm which i can afford but really dont want to

I've been a die hard VP-44 guy since I got my truck but I'm just tired of the way they act up. I always said I wouldnt swap because I could make the power I wanted with a VP but now that I'm there I've had 2 new pumps. In your case you have a great setup that seemes to be tuned to the sweet spot.

If your still looking for a pump I have a 180 pump ride42 was talkin about I also have a modded 160 pump that I didnt really wanna part with but im pretty low on cash and could use some. Let me know if ya wanna so anything just send me a pm.

Kevin I'll definetley send you a PM because I'm still shopping around. Right now I'm leaning towards buying a junk truck or complete engine but I'd like to see what you have.

Another question, will a P-pump off of an 8.3 l work for this swap?

I think the shaft is larger, but if you get the gear for the 8.3 it might work?

HMMMMM, I suppose I'll probly just take up the deal Kevin offered me on that 160 pump.

Mathews8pt on CF has a good write up with pics! take a look at it

Mathews8pt on CF has a good write up with pics! take a look at it

Thanks, I've been PMing back and forth with him for the last week.

Another question that is a huge can of worms. I was set on a Hamilton big stick but have been getting even opinions on every cam out there. So here is a question? Witch has the best price? Hamilton, Diesel pros, Maxspool, Helix, or another?

WOOHOO it looks like I may have a maxspool 2.5 cam on the way. Just waiting to send the $$$

Ok so here is the plan I have decided on. I'll probly just end up going with an assembled kit with .084" lines and tubes, Spring for airdog to raise pressure, modded 160 thats set up with 4k gov. springs, full cut delivery valves, mack rack plug and a #10 plate, a Maxspool 2.5 cam, and hopefully a fluid damper. Seem like the right path? That is how the pump I want to buy will come, I'll probly trade out for 191 dv's. I'm thinking about running about 18-20* of timing to start. My current stuff is BD towing twins for now, 8x.011 injectors, custom intake horn, AD150, ARP studs and O-ring magic done by Tim Barber.

Ditch the 10 plate for a 100, 0 or no plate at all. I ran the 10 in my dually, hated how it defueled. Cut a 100 and put the 10 on the bench. When I got my 12v, I put the 10 back in, and realized how much I hated it still and cut a 0 plate and put the 10 back on the bench.

Ditch the 10 plate for a 100, 0 or no plate at all. I ran the 10 in my dually, hated how it defueled. Cut a 100 and put the 10 on the bench. When I got my 12v, I put the 10 back in, and realized how much I hated it still and cut a 0 plate and put the 10 back on the bench.

Thanks for the info, will do. How about an adjustable plate from shcieds?

That replaces the AFC housing altogether. Not a good idea for street driving.

Is th eidea of it that you can adjust it to any cut of plate? Does anyone here run one on the street? My truck is a DD but it's a few blocks to work and a few miles to the track.

Is th eidea of it that you can adjust it to any cut of plate? Does anyone here run one on the street? My truck is a DD but it's a few blocks to work and a few miles to the track.

It allows you to adjust the fuel/plate location with just a screw as opposed to removing the AFC housing, loosening the two bolts and sliding the plate forward. There will essentially be no air to fuel control so driving it smoke free will be pretty much impossible.

It allows you to adjust the fuel/plate location with just a screw as opposed to removing the AFC housing, loosening the two bolts and sliding the plate forward. There will essentially be no air to fuel control so driving it smoke free will be pretty much impossible.

Ok thanks, I think I'll just do a 0, or 100 plate then.

Well the cam should be here anytime and I think I found all my parts, I just need a day off to drive over and check them out. I got lucky and found a guy with a whole 95' auto truck.

Well the cam should be here anytime and I think I found all my parts, I just need a day off to drive over and check them out. I got lucky and found a guy with a whole 95' auto truck.

No way.... you're going to have yours done before I start the tear down on mine and I've been 'planning' for this since about April... :bang

Back