Exhaust Manifold Studs- ?

lowdiesel

I want to run studs but ARP has no p/n for our application.Does anyone know of any.....

Thanks

I use the long turbo mounting studs and the stainless turbo mounting nuts from cummins.

I got mine at a local fastner store. 10x1.50. Studs and stainless nut was under $30.

2011-03-03_16-27-56_332.jpg

yeah....ouch. I bought a set of SS bolts with allen heads to replace my stockers at a cost of about $20.

i did what lreiff did and it works great

Last edited:
Ok, so the stud needs to be M10-1.50, but what about the length (when NOT using the metal sleeve spacers)???

Does anyone know how long they need to be when used with an ATS Pulse Flow, so that just enough threads are sticking out to attach a flange nut?

Some info I am looking for:

How deep are the threads that go into the block?

How thick is the flange on most manifolds?

Then, we would just to need to add the thickness of a flange nut and very slight addition for the thickness of the exhaust manifold gasket.....

Anyone have a CR motor laying around, with the manifold off........to measure the how deep the threads go into the motor?

you're gonna need at least 40 to 45mm long studs. I use SS bolts that are 35mm and have had them on an ATS and now on a HTT.

Thanks for the info Triton....

The mounting flange on an ATS Pulse Flow exhaust manifold is approximately:
17.22 MM thick

The manifold gasket might be 1-2 MM thick......

Then, add approximately 10-12 MM for the flange nut or nut/washer combo.....

Back