Extending the Power again...

Extended Power

Well, after finally getting all the parts together, I have started putting the engine back together again...
Must say the biggest PITA was finding a front cover with the correct pump size, and water inlet position...ended up buying a new one.

Quick rundown of the parts going in this time include:

-Low compression pistons, with valve notches, and ceramic coatings. (Balanced)
-Cunningham rods were checked over. (Still Perfect, and balanced.)
-Crank was just polished again. (Balanced.)
-Performance cam from Trusted Performance, built by Colt Cams exclusively for Trusted Performance.
-Block was punched out 0.020"
-New injectors from Trusted Performance.
-New "Adrenaline" HPOP from Bob Riley.
-New '04 style wavey oil rails to replace the old '03 straight rails.
-New rocker boxes, valve covers, and branch tubes from '04
-Heads have Beehive Springs, hardened seats, brass lliners in guides, and back cut all valves along with the multi-angle valve job.
-New H-11 headstuds.
-New Billet Low Pressure Oil gear set from Elite Diesel Engineering.
-New EGR delete kit for the bottom of the manifold. All Stainless.
-New EGR valve delete plug. (Thanks Tyler!)
-Ceramic coated exhaust manifolds, up-pipe, and "Y" pipe.
-CFM+ Intake elbow for the water injection.
-Snow Performance Stage 3 MPG Max water injection with 7 gallon res.

....and a sweet set of 18" X 10" Mazzi Hulks with 325/60 R18 Toyo A/T's.

...anyone wanna guess what I'm doing this long weekend?:Cheer:

Sounds good man! Can't wait to see it when it's all put back together! Remember to post some pics so us poor people can drool over it LOL

...anyone wanna guess what I'm doing this long weekend?:Cheer:

.....calling Trusted to tell them there's a problem with the cam, then calling Colt Cams with the phone number Trusted was so kind to provide.

........probably more jacking off to that overpriced parts list!

So......it's ok for everyone else to post 5000pics and updates of their builds every 10 seconds but not Ivan:poke:

Cease the FAGGOTRY Matt unless you are gonna hate on the others:hehe:

OK Guys, this thread is about Ivans build. He is building it, and he is paying the tab. He is free to use whatever parts and suppliers he wants. As has been said, lets keep it about his build.

Ivan, it looks like its gonna be fun when its all done.

You still going the twins route ivan? And how big are trusted injectors gonna be?

Some pictures of the MAHLE pistons & Cunningham rods, pictures showing the difference between the stock connecting rods and aftermarket units, and the ceramic coated manifolds, up pipe, and "Y" pipe.

Last edited:
if I had to guess, I would say Trusted.

for ivan's sake, i would hope that he realizes what trusting trusted performance did for Tim(Dalpilot). It looks like an awesome build and would hate to see would happened to Tim happen to Ivan or anyone else.

Ivan is a grown man, and he can use whoevers Turbo's he wants. I am sure he will have much better luck.

sounds good, who's and what turbo/turbo's you goin with

why don't u anwser the question, who's turbo u useing

Using the same turbo I have been using for the last 6-8 months...from Trusted Performance.

It's an off the shelf 64mm turbo...no secret housings or anything like that.

Not doing twins...just getting the truck back up and running again for the summer. I don't have another truck to use while mine is down, and I need mine for the summer.

....maybe this winter I will look at putting more air into it...seems a crying shame to have spent so much time and money into something that doesn't use nitrous, or have twin turbo's on it, but that's the way it goes I guess.
I want to be able to go camping this summer, and take my wife and kids out to ride their dirtbikes...not waiting for me to "Finish putting the truck together".

Well...couple small glitches...
I broke one of the oil control rings while putting the ring compressor tool onto the piston:bang

And found out that the older bar style glowpplug harness will not work with the newer rockerboxes.

A shout out to Wayne and Tadd from Elite Diesel Engineering, who sent out another oil ring to me, and sent it "Next Day". Thanks Guy's!!!:rockwoot::woohoo: