Extending the Power again...

Yeah, I didn't buy the up-pipe, cuz I sent my modified stock one for coating before I bought the EGR stuff.

What I do have though in a box, is my old V-band flange clamp, with the plug welded in it. This keeps the stock up-pipe looking stock, and if you ever need to install the cooler again, you could. I don't need it, so I would include it. (Also less work...no need to remove your up-pipe.)

are you goin to be ready for medicine hat race june 26

Should be....don't know if I'll race it though....it's just a daily driver you know....LOL

Hope I get Doug's intake before the engine goes back in, that would be nice...I could quit wrenchin' for awhile, and start using the truck again as a truck, and not just some big shiney ornamental piece of art sitting in the shop taking up space.

You back up running yet? Are you gonna make it down?

Edit: no, I will be back at work by then...can't even come out an watch the races...:(

I had mine modified a while back. (EGR port taken out)
I had them ceramic coated this time, along with the manifolds. Wished I would of had more time to have had the bellows removed on the "Y" pipe, but I didn't have any backpressure issues with the turbo anyways.

there is so much you can do to that y pipe to make it flow 100% better

there is so much you can do to that y pipe to make it flow 100% better

Yeah...ceramic coating it should help a little bit.

I don't have the time to weld everything up, and form everything nice and smooth...but if they were available already done, and coated...I'd prolly have bought one at the time...but not now.

If I ever do twins, I'm sure the stock "Y" pipe will not be used anyways...

Craaaaaaaaaaaaap...:nail:

Just went to put the gaskets on, and I need some 18-20mm stepped dowel pins, and Ford has them for a measelly $27.00 a piece. (Need 4):doh:

Damn heads and head gaskets are 20mm, my block is 18. I thought the studs would have been enough to hold the gaskets centered for the heads...nope...way too much movement allowed.

Yip, I had to get the right bearings, they sent ....well I don't know what the hell they were for.

Elite's H-11 studs in.
Gaskets on, but what is the non-circular gaskets about?:confused:

Last edited:
The irregular shape must be normal...I just forgot....
I had a look at the old build pictures, and they are the same with the factory gaskets...

Last edited:
Some more pictures of assembly...

Heads are finally done,
Beehive springs,
Chromoly pushrods,
Heads torqued down,
Elite billet lpop gears installed.

Last edited:
more pictures again...

Shop Foreman at Ford lent me some cool tools to install the front and rear seals.
Front seal/sleeve installed, along with new oil relief valve.
Waterpump installed.
Injectors, and HPO upgrade complete.
Engine color....Orange.

Last edited:
Well, after running around doing stuff with the kids and wife, I had some time to finally put the engine back into the truck.
Need to swap the wiring harness yet, and start putting everything together in front of the engine...coolers, condenser, rad, bumper, etc...add more oil and coolant, and fire it up.
With some luck, it should be on the road tomorrow.:rockwoot:

Thanks for the comments guy's.

I had a chance to take it for a rip this afternoon...till I blew the intercooler hose off the elbow, and babied it home. Picked up a couple new clamps, as the one I used on that connection was........done.

Have a couple issues, one being getting all the air out of the HPOP system. I also scanned it with AI, and have a contribution/fault on cylinder #1...but since there is only about 10 miles on the engine...I will give it some time yet before I pull the cover off.
While it was inside, I put the new rims and "Used" tires on....wow...there big. I had to pull the front mud flaps off, because the tires were rubbing on the tech screws which were holding the flaps on...
Put the traction bars back on too....may need them someday.

I have a couple pictures of the rims/tires...no video yet...it's still raining like crazy...

Last edited:
The small 3/8" Blue Point didn't have the jam to do it...
I gotta get some exercise you know...