extream head

renopker

Took this pic the other day of the new head, theres 5 more on a pallet (800 cfm .700 ) lift if I recall.Its a killer
DSC00009b.jpg
Dont worry its not a cummins.

800 cfm? That's more than any pro stock or top fuel head I think.

Sorry guy I thought you guys were more knowledgeable then that.

Parallel valves, port angles, max bore for DT bore spacing all help determine max valve diameter, and you can only move X amount of air past X diameter valve. Going to a 55 degree seat makes a big difference, but 55 degree seats don't work with turbo diesel cylinder pressures. Even at 55 the valve that works with that bore will not move that much air.

And that's just scratching the surface as to why 800 in a big no.

I've stood there while a top fuel look alike tractor head was on the flowbench at 650.
it's engineered for 4.875 bore.

I'd be impressed if this one went 450.

Tractor pulling has the most stuipidly exaggerated cfm numbers of any motorsport out there.

CFM calculations/capability can be increased tremendously under PSI instead of vaccum.......Maybe this is why turbo cars can make so much more power than there CI indicates they should be making.

CFM calculations/capability can be increased tremendously under PSI instead of vaccum.......Maybe this is why turbo cars can make so much more power than there CI indicates they should be making.

Obviously...

Maybe I'm mistaken by assuming that the 800cfm referred to is tested at the typical industry standard of 28" h2o vaccum, the same figure that most all calculations are based off of.

Obviously...

Maybe I'm mistaken by assuming that the 800cfm referred to is tested at the typical industry standard of 28" h2o vaccum, the same figure that most all calculations are based off of.

Im not agreeing with his claims, however i am pointing out other ways of measureing CFM...I have witnessed various ways to measure this, and each has it's own porting strategy as well. At minimum it is very interesting.

Im not agreeing with his claims, however i am pointing out other ways of measureing CFM...I have witnessed various ways to measure this, and each has it's own porting strategy as well. At minimum it is very interesting.

Then you should know that one guy claiming 800CFM and another guy claiming 250CFM mean nothing unless they were measured at the same testing standards....since you are the engine building god and all;)

Chris

Then you should know that one guy claiming 800CFM and another guy claiming 250CFM mean nothing unless they were measured at the same testing standards....since you are the engine building god and all;)

Chris

Pretty much the same as fuel flow numbers...all smoke and mirrors unless there is a printed flow chart with all the critical data.