F this truck

rolncoal82

Guys im at a total loss truck has been fine till it got below 20 out now it blows cold air will not warm up even when pluged in. I can drive it about 25 miles and temp gauge and h&s gauge both show about 140 then it will jump to 245 and come back down to 190 then blow warm air but you have to romp the sht outa it. Acts like its air locked but I have changed the thermostat,radiater cap and opened up bleaders everywere. when it sits and idels it will drop back down to 140 and start blowing cold air again. you can crack the cap and antifreeze will blow out the resevore like crazy. there are no bubbles like a head gaskit and did fine all summer please help and sorry for long post.:bang

Ive got full delets to but it puffs a little white on first start up, i have smelled it and smells like raw fuel but hell no problems all summer long even with the puff. just dont understand why it wont even warm up when every thing is full of antifreeze.

It might not actually be the head gasket honestly. Grab the heater hoses when its warmed up and see if they're both hot....

no there not, I even pulled plug outa head and poored 2 gallons in head and toped everything off and still wouldnt warm up till i ran the sht outa it. but when i crack the cap it blows antifreeze outa the resevoir???? still never bubbles just a steady stream.

Just so everyone knows it was full before this started just when i crack the cap i will loose coolant, I let it blow out hoping to get the air out and refill but still same sht.

The 6.7s have an air bleed fitting on the pass side by where the EGR valve is/was. Its just a pipe plug.

ya the pipe that use to connect to the egr has a bleed screw ive loosened it the plug in the head the radiator hose everything and they always bleed off air but never changes anything

Why are you ignoring everyone saying that its a headgasket? Its a head gasket! I had the same problem 2 or 3 times.

Ive got full delets to but it puffs a little white on first start up, i have smelled it and smells like raw fuel but hell no problems all summer long even with the puff. just dont understand why it wont even warm up when every thing is full of antifreeze.

A little white smoke is probably antifreeze in the cylinder.

Not ignoring it just saying it doesn't have all the symptoms I've seen in the past to be that I can drive it back to Tennessee 600 miles and it will only do it once. It just blows cold maxes out temp gauge then goes back to normal and temp stays 190.

The high temp spikes are hot air bubbles going past the sensor. That hot air comes from the cylinder pressure/air leaking into the cooling system. Hold it on the floor for a mile and see how many times it does it, if it doesn't completely blow, hydro-lock, and spit some rods out the side.

Well speedshift Mabe this is true it makes since, and
Mabe once it does go thru the heat cycle finally and the head swells a little it seals the leak up?? Like I said once it does it once then it's fine guess I'll be pulling head this week

Be interesting to know where the leak was, my first one was between cylinders 5 and 6.

My bet is between 5 and 6. Seems to be a common place for the 6.7 hg to blow.

I'll keep you posted but another thing i cant figure out is why its not pulling the antifreeze out of the resevoir and back into the system????

Back