F this truck

Ya doug no gasket better show today cuz I'm running outa time, thanks for the help!!

isx are the engine family after the n14. urea is just a pain that you have to add it. i dont like it at all. the egr system has had little problems. in our experience it seems we are having more problems witht the turbos with urea. i know it has to be used, but i still hate it all period.

That is correct, the ISX15/ISX is the replacement for the N14....you said you have an ISX14;)

How is the urea affecting the turbos if its injected into the exhaust post-turbo?

Exactly....must be adding it in the wrong place.

Just run old chit, and you won't have to worry about it for now;)

Of course, a little education on what you're driving, MIGHT help you understand how everything works....or you can just b!tch about it without a clue what's actually happening. That is all up to you!
Chris

i really dont care about where the emission bs urea comes from. i just care that they are on the road making money, we are wanting to at least wait till warranty is up and then we are taking them off. iv been around diesels my whole life, and my family can work on damn near anything, but the newer 2004 and up diesels are much different

Good lord got it back togather and now it will only run for 15 sec then die, fires right back up but same thing ive checked everything but took line off rail that is feed from cp3 and just drips fuel when you bump it over. Acts like it drains the rail truck run fine before the tear down besides the head gaskit. The in tank pump runs also, I wondered about the batteries being unpluged if it did sumthing with the security system???

Runs smooth as silk for 15 sec then idels up once then dies. you can do this all day long so im guessing its not security its not locking me out its draining the rail it seems because of no pressure from cp3. But why would that just go bad over night???

The first time I fired it thismorning it ran for about 3 or 4 min just fine then this **** started.

Check the wiring harness that plugs into the rail. You can plug that thing in upside down just unplug it and flip it over. Then report back.

Yaaaaaa guys make dam sure you tighten the cross over tubes a bit more than what cummins says it finally runs. Glad that's over, and a side note my rail plug only works one way tried that to!!

Back