F650 cummins

IMHO an auto would be better. Take a look at what rear you'll have and tell me what might happen on a slope or bad surface? I'm thinking something like...hop, hop, spin, hop, contact/traction............broken rear diff. :doh: However, if you had an Allison Auto it might not happen as quick. An auto will give you that REALLY smooth (and quick!) take-off power without an abrupt pull. Running with that much power an auto should make the parts (yokes, tires, brakes ect) last longer because it's not as hard on the system. Even with 600 HP spinning the tires it would take effort and those times where you would slip the tires....the trans would cusion the blow. Also, the Allison has grade braking and you CAN run an exhaust brake with it.

An auto will cost more $$ up front but it should make the truck live longer. :rockwoot:

Did I mention the Auto is faster?

Last edited:
I know the auto is faster, and would like the auto so others could drive it easier.
how about the stock auto that comes on the cat 3126 equipped f650's? or would i want a bigger better auto?

Find your nearest Allison dealer and see the transmission they recommend. You should be able to see the trans (or one close to it) being torn apart or built in the shop. If anything, you should be able to lay your hands on the different parts.

im having second thoughts, what if i just get like an 03 04 common rail crew and throw a set of twins and dual cp3's at it and pick up something cool like a toyota supra, lol.
but d*mn the f650 is sexy! but i don't need it... but so cool, especially if i opt for the 20K 6 door conversion:bang

RideIcon said:
especially if i opt for the 20K 6 door conversion:bang
Saw that the other day in Truckin' magazine........VERY cool.:rockwoot:

fine fine, im going to just get an old 650, like a 2000 crew, and pull the 24V and put a 12V in it, do whatever tricks i can do to keep the egt's down while still building some power, tubular exhaust and intake manifolds, huge exhaust, bunch of boost, keep it a little easy on the fuel, whatever it takes.
get the 6 door thing done up, and maybe convert it to 4wd, but leave it at the height it will be when you change the front axle out, so like raise the rear 4 to 6 inch's whatever it takes, and not go crazy with the suspension work...
the 5.9's should get like 16+mpg in a f650, or so they claim, be alot better then going 8.3, and cheaper, cheaper is good....
i cannot convince myself to just get a dodge cummins, i LOVE the huge superduty cabs, and the f650 will be alot rarer on the streets, lol