FarmFab Traction bars....Production Suspended

Jess@FarmboyFab

DC's idol
I have more than a "few" of my traction bars on order...and I have been made to feel like a real flakey dealer lately selling these things with no set production date....

The manufacturer (Nth Degree) of my frame joint (Gyro Joint) plans to close
...well I have more money than id care to admit in materials sitting right next to me as we speak, and I receive an email early this morning that they closed up shop.

I have been emailing, and calling EVERY day and trying EVERY extension for the past 2 weeks with nothing but full voicemails...i knew something was up but was hoping for the best.

Its all very odd to me, being that the last I heard from them was 3 weeks ago when I placed a hefty order (for me) for the joints, and received a call back wanting to know what changes I would make to the joints if i could. I recommended a few changes that I was assured could easily be made..I was their #1 seller of this particular part, and they made sure to take care of me in the design aspect...and I thank them for that.

But the fact remains...they are done, and I am out of a supplier for this joint that I love, and I will not take steps back in my design just to continue sales....I will start to pursue means of making these joints elsewhere; but for now I have to halt production and all current sales (luckily I do not charge customers until the product ships).

So, thanks EVERYONE for the previous sales, and AWESOME support...that led me to being beyond this small companies demand (i was often on backorder)...and encourage you to stick with me, in hopes that I can manufacture this joint another way, or find alternative means to creating a similar characteristic of geometry.

Again, thank you all for the dedication in sticking with me...you each will receive a <b>personal</b> email shortly. I am sincerely sorry for the inconvenience, as this really is a passion of mine.

Also, we are still FULL SWING on any other product we manufacture or sell retail

Thanks
Jesse
admin@farmboyfabrications.com
910-367-8762

Man, Sucks to hear this Jesse. It is horrible how one thing can bring something like this to a grinding halt.

Hope you find a new vendor for the joint.

Terry

Yeah, I try to hit up alot of the diesel sites. Try to answer a few questions here and there. Plus it is easier to keep up with the mods this way lol

Gimme a shout if you ever need anything
Terry

I was reading the latest Fourwheeler mag and it had some beefy looking joints in it. Had a grease zerk and all!

Not yet...ive been out of town building a truck and lost my phone and numbers. First time back on the internet too.

Ill be checking in with them Monday.

Yeah, i know of endless beefy greasable joints...the real tough point to match is the amount of deflection they offer.

Sorry man, didnt get much done today after just getting back. You guys will be the first to know!

We know the new supplier!!! Now its just a matter of converting everything over and seeing when they can have the first batches made up.

Jess@FarmboyFab said:
We know the new supplier!!! Now its just a matter of converting everything over and seeing when they can have the first batches made up.

:rockwoot: Heck yeah put me down for a set for my 2002 dodge extended cab. And put a rush on those i need them before Houston. LOL:hehe: No i just want some for my daily driver as i think they would be a lot better for that. But i do want some.

Dude this sucks, you went kidding when you said at least a few months out huh,:doh:
At least I'm short on cash and need to wait to get a set, hopefully things will be rolling again in a month or so? :bang

I should have a set due date on monday. Sorry for the delay boys...i REALLY appreciate the interest though.

I did not like what i heard today. I will be working on a new design the next few days, and will give you guys design specs and pricing by the end of the week hopefully.

I refuse to take a step back to my old design...so im taking steps forward, with all hopes of keeping the same target price.

Sorry I have not posted...been busy with a new shop, and thanksgiving.

Im still working on various designs...ive got the Superduty setup worked out, but being that it uses a crossmember up front, they need to be different for different vehicles...and thats taking some time.

I dont think im going to hit my desired deadline...at least for the Dodge/chevy trucks. If you are interested in just a single bar, with some greasable flex joints on each end, I can easily set something up just for you, as they are pretty simple, and would be effective.

Jess@FarmboyFab said:
I dont think im going to hit my desired deadline...at least for the Dodge/chevy trucks. If you are interested in just a single bar, with some greasable flex joints on each end, I can easily set something up just for you, as they are pretty simple, and would be effective.

Does that mean you were shooting for a double/ladder bar setup for the Dodge's?? That's the style I'm looking for!

Chris