Fass 150/180 failures

BogginF350

Never Satisfied
Our supplier stopped carrying Fass products and picked up the Airdog. They told me in the last shipment that they recieved of 200 over 50 came back that failed. I know we have had some problems with them but I did not think it was that prevalent. Anyone else experience this?

almost 2 years ago we bought 2 at one time..one worked and one did not..the one that didn't work we called about they told us that sometimes they have aluminum shavings inside they can lock up the motors..told us to loosen the 4 bolts on the back of the motor slightly and it would free the shaving..did that and it has worked fine since then. other then that we have installed sevral more with no problems.

Still running good since Dec 2003. We've installed 10+ other FASS's since then and the only one that's gone back was for the brush update kit, free of charge.

My 150/180 lasted almost 2 months I think.
It crapped out when Keith (Nastygirl) and myself were down in Ohio.
Not bad...almost 2000 miles away from home, and no diesel performace shop around for days. (It was a Saturday afternoon)
That's when the Holley Blue pump got us home with no filters, and 12.5 Psi fuel pressure.

Dan (with FASS) sent a replacement pump and motor out right away, no charge.

Found out it was the pump gear rubbing on the housing or something like that.

Said there was an "Update" to the pump and gears since, and there has not been any problems since.

I've got about 40K on one of the very first 150/180's with zero issues. It's loud as hell but I've grown to like it.

i had a 150/180 crap out in like 2 days but i called scheids were i bought it from and dpp shipped me a new motor right away all they said was just bring the broken one to the store sometime.new one has been going for about 6 months trouble free

Is the Airdog more reliable then the Fass 150/180? Also I hear that the Fass is noisy...how noisy is it - is something that you constantly hear while driving?

I thought fass and air dog were owned by the same company? As for the noise can't tell ya but like unbroken said, I love the sound of aftermarket pumps. You know it's not stock!

Fass and Airdog are members of the same family but not the same company. They are in direct competition

The FASS is noticeable while running but it's not loud I have learned to tone it out and don't even notice it running anymore to where I almost have to listen for it. But people who are near my truck or ride in it for the first time notice it and ask what the heck that noise is.

We have sold and installed countless FASS systems on all makes and have had very few problems, I can think of 3 instances in the last 3 years where we actually had to get a replacement pump from them.

Richard the new updated pumps are too quite if you ask me, even Amanda was complaining it was too quite now.

mines held up for the past 3 months no problems wat so ever mines loud at idle but the you cant hear it going down the road over the engine

I got mine from David at DI in sept of 06 and I have never had a issue

Our supplier stopped carrying Fass products and picked up the Airdog. They told me in the last shipment that they recieved of 200 over 50 came back that failed. I know we have had some problems with them but I did not think it was that prevalent. Anyone else experience this?

Proppa Gandda:bang

i have had nothing but problems w/my 150/180 since it was put in several months ago.. since then i have completely rewired it, ran larger hoses to/from the unit, and completely done away w/the crappy pickup tube assy..

after many mods to the kit, it started to work much better, but still runs very hot, and has been getting more and more noisy as each day goes by..

dan w/fass has been very helpful though and has been there every step of the way, and i'm sure he will not be surprised when i ship it back to him and ask for a new one..

latest problem is that it is no longer maintaining the fuel pressure that it used to, i have to crank my regulator down on a weekly basis and now the fass is maxxed out at like 60psi...

I've ran the 150/180 for over a year now with no issues. Yes it makes noise....but it is no louder than the pos SX I ran. I like the noise. It lets me know its working. lol