Fastest MANUAL TRANS 1/4 mile times

Curious to what kinda clutch most of these guys use? Awesome times bangin gears guys

I was running 2 different sounthbends. One clutch blew up and the other clutch broke 2 NV5600s. No problems at all since I switched to a Valair street triple...but I also haven't launched it since I put it in. But it does shift faster than both dual discs I've had

is there any special syncros you all use? i have got to replace my 3rd syncro anyways s mine as well put the best in it.

is there any special syncros you all use? i have got to replace my 3rd syncro anyways s mine as well put the best in it.

:hehe: Who has synchros in 3rd gear? I've been double clutchin' it for three years now. When you find some good ones, let me know. I might have them fixed in a year or two.

I was going to cryo my next set of syncros but decided to put an auto in instead. Ill let you know how it works for my brother though. He's going to try it.

Make sure you only use the mopar or castrol syntorque in your trans. The material used for your syncros doesn't last long running ATF.

I was going to cryo my next set of syncros but decided to put an auto in instead. Ill let you know how it works for my brother though. He's going to try it.

Make sure you only use the mopar or castrol syntorque in your trans. The material used for your syncros doesn't last long running ATF.

Interesting. Once the tranny temp gets to 175F or so, it shifts perfect. On a cold tranny...don't even think about downshifting.

double clutching mine still wont go in got to let rpm drop down to atleast under 1000 and tap throttle and it will go in i believe that one of the dogs came off the inside and not allowing even pattern. but what is the cryo? sorry but never heard of that thanks. i used the castrol syntorq i think it cost me somewere around 100 for fluids.

I ran a 14.8 @ 96mph this past weekend with whats in my sig.
Non boosted 2 wheel launch from 3rd. This was my best and final run of the night. Lowered my 60' by .5 second from my first run. It was my first time on a track.
IMG_20120330_230230.jpg

Last edited:
Im getting my ZF6 here in about 2 weeks. Short thow and going to get the syncros and internals cryo'd so Ill let ya know how it works. I made a deal with 'atvracn08' that "if I break my manual 2 times, I have to put an auto in it" so hopefully this works...

Get on youtube and type in "ferrari vs cummins". should be one of the first couple vids. That was my first pass with nitrous, and of course i sprayed a little early lol. Dont have a video of my 14.1, just a time slip.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xgP8F8UQ2ko"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xgP8F8UQ2ko[/ame]

This it?

Ya that's it. I showed up thinking it was test and tune but it was "tx2k12". I was the only truck there. Import crowd didn't like the smoke too much

15.1 @ 96 First time drag racing. Had a .002 r/t launching in 4wd in 2nd at 2500 with an nv4500 and a single disc ceramic.

Back