Fastest MANUAL TRANS 1/4 mile times

2012-11-17_16-50-22_793.jpg

I've always thought it would be sweet to build something with a ZF6 and 2wd since they can be shifted so fast...launch in 3rd, slam 4th, then hit a Gear Vendors OD....yeah, I know...cheating a little ;)

I've always thought it would be sweet to build something with a ZF6 and 2wd since they can be shifted so fast...launch in 3rd, slam 4th, then hit a Gear Vendors OD....yeah, I know...cheating a little ;)

Great idea jason... I need a gear vendor bad, 410's, im out of gear crossing traps.. But im 4wd.........

Great idea jason... I need a gear vendor bad, 410's, im out of gear crossing traps.. But im 4wd.........

Yeah, you'd need a divorced transfer case to run one then, plus mount it, etc. Probably wouldn't be worth the $$$. But I think with a 2wd it would be fun. Heck, you could hit it in Sixth too, and go run the mile :clap:

Well, a friend of mine has you by 6 tenths in the quarter with his manual 7950lb truck.. He likes his lifted megacab..

I was joking, I run a manual too! Wish I could watch somebody out here with a handshaker straight gettin' it at the track. Nothing like bangin' gears. We're a dying breed though. Have met several guys that tell me they can run the piss out of their manual........ain't seen it yet.

Im going for 11's in spring of 2014.. 2012 season I ran a 12.42 back up with a 12.27 at 111.86... We have been down for a year now and made alot of changes, hopefully for the better! lol. Cant wait to see if I can be the one to break that 11.82 record

Im going for 11's in spring of 2014.. 2012 season I ran a 12.42 back up with a 12.27 at 111.86... We have been down for a year now and made alot of changes, hopefully for the better! lol. Cant wait to see if I can be the one to break that 11.82 record

Your truck moves out, that's for sure....I went 7.76 at 89mph with an auto....even if I could cut another tenth out of it, you're pretty much keeping up with a stick.

Unfortunately, you're also probably also about at the point where people start breaking stuff bad....

Your truck moves out, that's for sure....I went 7.76 at 89mph with an auto....even if I could cut another tenth out of it, you're pretty much keeping up with a stick.

Unfortunately, you're also probably also about at the point where people start breaking stuff bad....

Thanks man, yah i hear ya there.. Its all in the sport tho, thats y it gets trailered to the track, not many people running low 12s that get to drive it home acouple hours away lol. If I do break, Im going to swap an auto in it. Then just go fasttt! lol. With having ran that 12.2 last year, Im more than happy, just trying to reach further lol. Hopefully I can make one clean 11 sec run.. that would be coool

How bout a manual trans dump truck record? LOL

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t3KRQibKVhI"]Arrancada de caminhões 2013 - US Diesel Truckin Nationals 2013 - YouTube[/ame]

One of my customers ran his 1995 5speed and performed well on fuel only single turbo. He has very little into the setup.

Attachments

• 132.jpeg
    132.jpeg
    19.4 KB · Views: 0
  • 136.jpeg
    136.jpeg
    14.5 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:

Did i read your sig right... Your running 120percent over's, by exergy.... I run 60 overs, 150hp injector.... 300hp wow, thats balls lol.:Cheer:

I was joking, I run a manual too! Wish I could watch somebody out here with a handshaker straight gettin' it at the track. Nothing like bangin' gears. We're a dying breed though. Have met several guys that tell me they can run the piss out of their manual........ain't seen it yet.

I'm not one to toot my own horn but I could slam them quite fast in my 05 truck with a 5600. The trans had custom blockers and I was running a prototype dual disk that had a aluminum pressure plate. It was defiantly the fastest I have ever seen. My problem was keeping parts alive. Twisting outputs, breaking gears, and a shift fork. If I was a spit second off on the shift something probably broke. Constantly pulling the trans apart was getting old. I never ran it at the track because the truck only made 480 hp on the dyno. I was afraid to add more power and end up with more broke parts. I don't know how these guys are running twins and big injectors with a manual unless they don't use all the power. My buddy use to have a video, I will have to see if I can find it. But until then here is some eye candy and one ingredient to the recipe to shift fast. ImageUploadedByTapatalk1383176534.220920.jpg