Fastest Spooling 600hp...

I've ragged two 64mm turbos dancing around 600hp. I would like to see the entirety of the 15 seconds an S200 would last at that power level. ?

Sent from my Moto X using Tapatalk

the 57mm s200 sxe is rated at 650 hp

should be a quick single

a 69mm is too big for only 600 hp

I think he's talking about rwhp. 650 flywheel hp = about 520rwhp, so he needs more like 750-800 at the flywheel.

I made 601 with a 160hp pump on an ats 3k/5k combo (57/71) and it was a lot of fun to drive. I wish I would have left the timing in the low 20s though, I ended up close to 30 and everything sucks to spool with that much timing.$.02

I have been thinking about this as well. Something around 358-60 over a 471-75/83 would be perfect. Will probably end up with that setup on my tow rig. I just really want to find a cheap s300g or something

I'm glad to see some good discussion here. I'm going to give the he351/369 combo a try. At this point, I have everything I need to make it work, I just need to get some time to fab everything up/put it together. It's not a super high priority at the moment, but I'd like to get it done before I put the truck away for the winter.

I saw some discussion on another thread about plugging the factory wastegate solenoid off. There was a couple of different methods mentioned, but the simplest seemed to be using a threaded plug. Is that sufficient?

There was a thread that mentioned a small garret secondary and inter stage cooling. Mikeismad maybe? I wonder how that ended up.

There was a thread that mentioned a small garret secondary and inter stage cooling. Mikeismad maybe? I wonder how that ended up.

Interesting, I'd like to hear how that worked out. Maybe he'll chime in at some point.

Also, does anyone have a HE351 center cartridge to exhaust housing clamp laying around? Mine broke after I placed my order for my flanges/clamps and I'd prefer not to place another order if possible.

The K27 we use in our towing compound turbo kit has a 58mm compressor and the turbine is very similar in size to the HX35 and/or 351cw which are all smaller than the common Borg options with a 65mm turbine or the newer 68mm turbine used in other common towing kits.

In testing, the K27 setup has a slight spool advantage over the He351cw, close enough though that it almost takes a dyno to show the lag difference. As far as power, the K27/369sxe makes a ton more power than my old HX35/HT60 setup I ran several years ago.

I think you'll do just fine with the 351cw/369sxe compound setup. I'd recommend you keep the internal wastegate on the 351cw and use it!!! Porting the wastegate is optional at that 650HP power level, if you like to tinker, port-it, if you don't, I wouldn't waste the time opening up the port.

FYI, we looked closely at the S200 SXE's for our compound kit, and the lack of a factory 360 thrust bearing scared us away since the high pressure turbo in compound turbo kits always seem to struggle with thrust bearing life.

The K27 we use in our towing compound turbo kit has a 58mm compressor and the turbine is very similar in size to the HX35 and/or 351cw which are all smaller than the common Borg options with a 65mm turbine or the newer 68mm turbine used in other common towing kits.

In testing, the K27 setup has a slight spool advantage over the He351cw, close enough though that it almost takes a dyno to show the lag difference. As far as power, the K27/369sxe makes a ton more power than my old HX35/HT60 setup I ran several years ago.

I think you'll do just fine with the 351cw/369sxe compound setup. I'd recommend you keep the internal wastegate on the 351cw and use it!!! Porting the wastegate is optional at that 650HP power level, if you like to tinker, port-it, if you don't, I wouldn't waste the time opening up the port.

FYI, we looked closely at the S200 SXE's for our compound kit, and the lack of a factory 360 thrust bearing scared us away since the high pressure turbo in compound turbo kits always seem to struggle with thrust bearing life.

Thanks for sharing. What housing are you using on the 369?

What was the turbine housing cm?

I'm looking at running one of the 57mm k27 with a Wastegated 11cm housing. Then run the gta4202 I have sitting around with it. With a benched pump it should spool quite well.

Sent from my LG-H820 using Tapatalk