Feedback on new GT5518 anyone?

Holy Mother of singles....... I would like to try a 82/96 1.25 next time around.

We played around with a 106mm single on an F trim turbine. We could get it to light fine, but the compressor wheel was really a low pressure design, and it just would chase the surge line, we would need a head that flowed ~500cfm to make it work as a single. Would make a great primary though.

After playing with the S480/96/1.32 as a single, I think it would make a great secondary. Iirc JSP had it lit and making meaningful boost by 1400rpm or so, nothing like the magic of a CR.

Dvst8r whose truck is the gt55/88 on and any videos?

Torrey Werenka (1100hp on this forum, but rarely posts) is the owner of the truck. If you search his name on youtube there are lots of videos. Here is the last pass he made last season:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hTn1dmpSfEA"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hTn1dmpSfEA[/ame]

Dont quote me but I believe a 5.9 this truck runs amazing. The crew with this truck had growing pains last yr but it came together and it was awesome to watch it run.

as for Ivan. (Extendedpower) 800 on fuel with a 6 leaker. Its a very smooth ride. Its a true sleeper. I pretty sure I told you not to touch it anymore lol.

True stock wet block 5.9, I realize we are likely playing with the split sleeve fire, but it is what it is for now.

At least it will be a split sleeve and not a split block!

On a side note that engine sounds different from any common rail I've ever heard.

...On a side note that engine sounds different from any common rail I've ever heard.

Probably from the single, and that we leave the line at ~3000rpm and shift around 5000rpm. It is the loudest turbo diesel I have come across, when we were tuning on the dyno their were neighbors from over 3 miles away stopping by to see what the noise was. :welcome:

Is the truck racing only now or does torrey plan to make a hook with a single?

Is the truck racing only now or does torrey plan to make a hook with a single?

He would have made a hook last season, but just the way everything fell into place it didn't workout. We do have a full pulling schedule planned this season though.

I would love to stop pulling as at this point there are some real compromises we have to make to make it "dual sport", but I don't see that ever happening as Torrey likes pulling as much or more than racing.

Probably from the single, and that we leave the line at ~3000rpm and shift around 5000rpm. It is the loudest turbo diesel I have come across, when we were tuning on the dyno their were neighbors from over 3 miles away stopping by to see what the noise was. :welcome:

Actually it was 6 miles!...LOL Must be that secret squirrel $hit we put in the fuel. I was surprised how much difference it made.

He would have made a hook last season, but just the way everything fell into place it didn't workout. We do have a full pulling schedule planned this season though.

I would love to stop pulling as at this point there are some real compromises we have to make to make it "dual sport", but I don't see that ever happening as Torrey likes pulling as much or more than racing.

Im sure this will be the first 4wd 4dr CR in the 8's even as a dual sport. Sign it up for the DPC!

Im sure this will be the first 4wd 4dr CR in the 8's even as a dual sport. Sign it up for the DPC!

We appreciate the vote of confidence, but an 8.xx while it is our "holy grail" is still a huge step up from where we currently are.

Torrey has spoke of entering the DPC, but to this point there have been too many things on his plate to make an honest effort of it.