FICM Programming Verdict

Talked with Eric last night, and he said, well here:

"It does exactly what we want. The throttle response is increased a lot and helps spool the larger turbo's. It's give us the power for sure. We had two trucks built identical, but one had larger turbo's. The one with larger turbo's was beating the other truck by a couple truck lengths. Installed the FICM on the truck with the smaller turbo's and it beat the other truck by a couple truck lengths."

Sounds good to me, and BTW, that was my FICM! LOL

That sounds good...
Ok question here: IF you reprogram the FICM, do you still use the SCT to change tunes, or do you have to send the FICM to Eric, or whom ever is doing the work?
The reprogramming just opens up the door for more tuneability/power, doesn't it?

Thanks

I believe that the FICM Tuning is a stand alone modification. It enables the Tuners more control over the injectors. Chris

LOL, i think elite has a couple of ficm that they sent to innovative, as long as i keep yours, the longer before they get theres, do you see my delema here

LOL. I can also make a stop in Colorado to tamper with some trucks on my way to Canada! LOL

Final testing happens in two weeks. Got the dyno booked all day and then hitting the track. They just finished repaving the 1/4 mile track.

It's been over a month since this tread was started. It seemed in the beginning everyone was jumping on the bandwagon. Since the beginning of the year, Innovative, Spartan and others all were saying they were making a programmer, still nothing. Did someone decide this FICM tuning just wasn't going to work or are there other concerns? I'm not bashing any vendors. It just seems as much interest people have in this a whole lot of nothing is being reported. Just the occasional "I've got your FICM, hey, hehehe..."

Think about it this way. Everyone is stepping up and going with special tuning. How long do you think it takes for people to get it right, so our stuff won't break.

They have their reputations, our trucks and a bunch of money on the line. I have talked to a couple people and they are getting close, but they don't want to release it until it is 100% tested.

Im to a point where i think if I get the original ficm flash and my sct file's adjusted I would be content and not care a bit about a custom ficm flash. Then again im back to stock turbo/sticks now too and all out hp doesnt matter.

This is an interesting topic. Subscribing, as I think it is a great thing to be able to go somewhere other than ford for FICM programs.

Back