Finally found my truck

Tan70

Well... After a little over a year of waiting and searching for a another diesel, I am back. I'm seriously in shock of this happening. I've drove to multiple dealers trying to find me a regular cab, but each time it had sold before I got there, or it was crap. I woke up this morning at 6:00am and headed to Dallas to get a 2007 RCLB 2wd. 5.9 auto 189k miles for $10k. I arrived at the dealer and waited for a salesman ( I was early). Sure nuff, it had sold. I asked them when and she didn't know. I cussed them out and left. Bc I spoke with the guy last night and he said he still had it.

I said screw it, it was never going to happen. But I looked on autotrader one more time before heading home, and sure nuff there was one more.

2006 RCLB 4x4 auto 5.9L Larmie 136k miles. It was 25 miles from us so I called the guy and asked if he had it and he said he did. So we headed that way. I went and test drove it and everything checked out. Three hours later haggling and negotiating and now I'm a new owner of my dream truck. I'm smiling ear to ear. I kinda got raped on the amount, but finding a truck like this is rare. I usually don't buy modified trucks, but for the price and the price of mods already done. I think I did pretty good. Ok ok.... Enough talking, here it is.

IMAG1338_zpsheiih5hb.jpg

IMAG1334_zpsn7jlfrw9.jpg

IMAG1335_zps8bxs2wb4.jpg

IMAG1337_zps5qpnbv2d.jpg

IMAG1336_zpsdutbp9py.jpg

IMAG1339_zpsyfex72mp.jpg

IMAG1340_zps5jyn3nci.jpg

IMAG1341_zpsbdym6ksw.jpg

IMAG1342_zpsipjnhhxy.jpg

IMAG1343_zpsd6e5sjy9.jpg

IMAG1344_zpstd103k4g.jpg

As far as the mods that I know of.... It has Autometer factory matched 0-60 boost gauge, tran, egts fuel and rail. Straight pipe, Banks cold air, Banks intake horn and Banks intercooler, FirePunk trans and a mag tech deep trans pan.

I've already order new 100% exergy injectors bc the truck is white smoking at start up. As well as EFI Live. Les @ Silverbullet Tuning will be tuning it. My future plans are 900hp.

With in the next few months I plan on getting ARP 625's, Hd push rods and Spring, dual cp3's and turbo. Haven't decide which turbo yet, been thinking of either a 475 or just going back to the 467.

So what do y'all think? Me.... I couldn't be happier.

Leather and regular cab I like. If you don't mind me asking what did you get it for?

don't see very many regular cab Laramie trucks. in the long run resale value is a lot better on the 4wd. clean truck if you are happy with it doesn't matter what you paid for it

Asking price was $22k after all said and done I walked out at $23k. Which I don't think is bad considering it has roughly $10,000+ in mods already.

I searched forever for a stock truck, but those are next to impossible to find without driving out of state. Plus, I'll be doing the major mods myself.

I agree... This is the first Laramie I've seen in over a year I've been looking.

Last edited:
I Spy a "Golden Nugget"
Glad you found your dream truck I can't find mine anywhere

I Spy a "Golden Nugget"
Glad you found your dream truck I can't find mine anywhere

Yea I'm not complaining about it lol. I actually didn't crawl all the way under the truck when I looked at it. All I saw was the deep pan, while checking for leaks. When I got home I was shocked to say the least.

I would try and contacting Lavon @ Firepunk and seeing if he remembers the truck or trans to see what's in it billet wise.

Nice find on the RC and Leather. Either turbo will get you good results.

That has to be one of the top 5 games dealerships play that I won't tolerate. If they would just say "Sorry but that unit is sold, but we do have ____ that you may like if you'd like to come look" you would think they would be better off than lying to get you in the door. I suppose that's all most of them want though.

I would have easily paid $23 out the door for that. It's even got the sexy bumper. I think you got a steal!

That is a very slick truck amigo! I'm very jealous.
Don't think you were raped on the price either for a truck that clean.

Can't remember the guys name, but I remember that truck. Its been smoking at idle for a couple of years now. PM me and i'll tell you more about it.

Can't remember the guys name, but I remember that truck. Its been smoking at idle for a couple of years now. PM me and i'll tell you more about it.

Truck was out of KY right? I remember it too....