Finally found my truck

Thanks guys. I'm enjoying it.

I would try and contacting Lavon @ Firepunk and seeing if he remembers the truck or trans to see what's in it billet wise.

Nice find on the RC and Leather. Either turbo will get you good results.

Thanks, I'm in contact with him right now. I've sent him pics and gave the VIN to see if he can check the records on it, to tell me what's done to it.

Thanks guys. I'm enjoying it.

Thanks, I'm in contact with him right now. I've sent him pics and gave the VIN to see if he can check the records on it, to tell me what's done to it.

If one of us can remember the guys name i'm sure you can call Beans and get a list of mods. We sold him/installed the Firepunk trans and did some other work on it.

I thought so... what was that guys name....? I just remember it had amp steps

I can't for the life of me come up with his name.

I was looking at their Facebook page and back in July of 2012, they have pics of a stock trans that is trashed. In the comments someone asked if "that was the truck he brought down" and his reply was "silver long bed dodge". So I'm assuming that's mine.

That would be it. I think I've found the owner, just waiting on a reply back.

But anyway... I'll fix these minor issues and get her running right and start building it into the race truck I know it can be.

That has to be one of the top 5 games dealerships play that I won't tolerate. If they would just say "Sorry but that unit is sold, but we do have ____ that you may like if you'd like to come look" you would think they would be better off than lying to get you in the door. I suppose that's all most of them want though.

Not to derail the thread, but from a salesmans POV (tractors, not trucks;)), we have waited for days on people that are "on their way."

Anymore, it's first check is the winner, call before you come.....however, we are honest with people. If it's sold, we say so. If a guy is pretty hot on it, we says so. Then we get the people who drive in anyway and say "I thought you were just playing games." They just learned their lesson with us...we play no games.

Nice truck, glad you're happy with it. Great score with a Firepunk tranny in there.
Chris

Tan, congrats on finding the truck you were looking for, but to you guys who knew the truck previously.....just how badly beat on was it?

Tan, congrats on finding the truck you were looking for, but to you guys who knew the truck previously.....just how badly beat on was it?

Thanks Bac,

From my understanding PO had it for roughly two years. Got the trans installed by beans, had injectors issues, but never fixed it. I know he dynoed it once, made like 405hp at thoroughbred diesel. Had a bulldog installed. That's about it. I don't think it was abused too bad, just never fixed the injector issue.

On other news, got my V2 in today and have already sent in my stock file to Les. I'm waiting on the injectors so I can get this truck up and running right.

Good deal. :) Unfortunately, thats the first thing I think about whenever I look at a diesel truck nowadays. Glad the trans was done by such a reputable shop.

Nice truck. I don't think you overpaid one cent.
I paid a bit less for my 07 rclb, but yours looks to be in nicer condition. You'll love les' tune.

Just an update, got the Exergy injectors in, smoke issues is gone now.. But wow did it make the truck run like a top. Straight up runs like a raped ape now. Really feels like my last truck I had that dynoed 690\1200.
I need to log some and get the smoked dialed down, but other than that its awesome. Can't wait to get another cp3 and turbo so I can really open it up. Right now I can't even go half throttle without hitting 40psi. Don't want to push it right now with the stock turbo and head bolts.

Trucks running good... Had a hiccup with the trans I thought... When it got cold last week, early in the morning when I left for school it wouldn't shift out of 1st. So I adjusted the band, thought that fixed it but it happened the next day again. Bought so degreaser and sprayed all the connections, and noticed one connection had a broken locking clip, so it slide on and off easily. So I zip tied that shut and the problem hasn't returned since. So hopefully that was it. :rockwoot:

Anyway. Not much to post, besides some pics.. Most of the mods will take place the beginning if the year. I graduate this Dec.

IMAG1467_zpsacjeo6mr.jpg

IMAG1462_zpsib8izqcd.jpg

IMAG1476_zpsacuyopzt.jpg

IMAG1475_zpstlwopgrh.jpg

IMAG1455_zpskc8xqm1v.jpg