Finally got the drag truck to the track Friday

LOL, I can guarantee my truck won't be in the 5's.....Unless we're talking my 600' time!

Holy crap my thread just got blessed by the great DP LOL.

When I get it running right I want to come play with you guys at Beach Bend sometime. If Phil would get off his ass and get his truck done we could all go play.

Hey Bean, if You come to BG, I wanna drive?:cheer: it off the trailer!

I could let you get some seat time in it, let you know what a drag truck feels like...

So after owning this truck for over a year I got it to the track for some shake downs. I knew it wouldnt be blazingly fast, the converter is too tight so I cant hold the brakes on it and I need a bigger cp3. The CP3 I have now wont hold but 20kpsi even with fuel pulled back to less then half of what it should be at.

So after getting used to it and a few passes I knocked out a 7.51 on fuel and 7.01 with a small single shot to help get out of the hole on no boost.

Changing the converter this week and working on a launch brake so we can leave with boost. If I can come up with a Cp3 by then then we will be in the low 6's pretty quick.

Truck is Ryan Tuckers old Chevy C10 , build is a 5.9 cr with a Ford 4R100 trans Ford 9" Single 66mm charger, stand alone ECM and some nitrous. Pretty confident we will have this truck in the 5's by the end of the year.

Glad to hear you have it back out there Beaner it's long overdue. Id def. get w/ Michael on that place about getting some performace lining on those brake shoes. They were the best and biggest I could find to purchase at the time, I even ended up having to change to a wider 3/4 ton drum to make them work. But still even as good as the brakes were, holding power was still challenged when tring to hold back a ton of super low speed torque. Now, I also had a trans brake in the truck so that made life much easier when I used it but it was hard on pinion shafts thats for sure. I may have 60'ed that truck to 1.32 on the brake before..... cant remember but I know I did 1.34 a bunch of times; I ran it foot brake the majority of the time though where 60's were more common like 1.41-1.43; although Im pretty sure I did a 1.39 a few times but would'nt swear to it. It would'nt surprise me that after setting so long that thiers likely rust in the drums and they need to be re burnished in. Some new better friction material put on the shoes sounds like the best idea though.

Id love to see you break into the 5's with the truck, it was something that I wanted to do soo bad and didnt get it done. I had Every Thing I needed to do so but was a bit short of fuel. I had the truck running consistant 6.70's on fuel 6.40's on a single .055" jet and 6 teens on the 2nd kit [another .055"]. Looking back, I was prob. just a jet chage away but never did it. The couple times I put a larger hit on the first kit something broke so I found my stride and reliabilty with that .055" shot and just used it in both. Who knows what a .125" in each would have done If everything held it's place.

5's are prob. further away and much harder to grab at this point than you relize, but I bet and hope you end up getting there. I know your able to make more power now than I had; If you and your tranny config. can fiqure how to leave as hard as I did; you'll have it in the bag. Have fun with it!

Ryan Tucker

And you wonder why people call you an assshole ..........:doh:

no not really..
That's not very Christian of you, you hypocrite!

BTW, you can't argue with facts, no one likes you, that's a fact.

What i posted is fact. i was being polite.

My point exactly, finest example of a christian out there.
Your the finest example of a wanna be, you have no truck/track results and your all mouth, no action. You always have a ignorant statment towards me, now that i defend myself you and your buds, get all but hurt.... amazing.

BTW, i never said bean would not do 5's, learn to read, i said it would be harder than you think! But you wouldent know what that means.....

Your retarded and Bean is Not. He will hit the 5's. I got a $1000.00 that says he hits them by the end of the year.......Would like to add your little X2 to this????????????

Why would i ad to this i never said he wouldent do it, besides IF it were so easy, everyone in pro street would have done it by now, including you.
But i know better and simply said it would be hard.
Glad to hear you have it back out there Beaner it's long overdue. Id def. get w/ Michael on that place about getting some performace lining on those brake shoes. They were the best and biggest I could find to purchase at the time, I even ended up having to change to a wider 3/4 ton drum to make them work. But still even as good as the brakes were, holding power was still challenged when tring to hold back a ton of super low speed torque. Now, I also had a trans brake in the truck so that made life much easier when I used it but it was hard on pinion shafts thats for sure. I may have 60'ed that truck to 1.32 on the brake before..... cant remember but I know I did 1.34 a bunch of times; I ran it foot brake the majority of the time though where 60's were more common like 1.41-1.43; although Im pretty sure I did a 1.39 a few times but would'nt swear to it. It would'nt surprise me that after setting so long that thiers likely rust in the drums and they need to be re burnished in. Some new better friction material put on the shoes sounds like the best idea though.

Id love to see you break into the 5's with the truck, it was something that I wanted to do soo bad and didnt get it done. I had Every Thing I needed to do so but was a bit short of fuel. I had the truck running consistant 6.70's on fuel 6.40's on a single .055" jet and 6 teens on the 2nd kit [another .055"]. Looking back, I was prob. just a jet chage away but never did it. The couple times I put a larger hit on the first kit something broke so I found my stride and reliabilty with that .055" shot and just used it in both. Who knows what a .125" in each would have done If everything held it's place.

5's are prob. further away and much harder to grab at this point than you relize, but I bet and hope you end up getting there. I know your able to make more power now than I had; If you and your tranny config. can fiqure how to leave as hard as I did; you'll have it in the bag. Have fun with it!

Ryan Tucker

Words of wisdom! :Cheer:

Having made my share of 5 second passes (and stood around handing wrenches to the guys doing the real work), I do agree that it is tougher to get there than people think. However, I have every confidence that Dennis wouldn't lose his $1k wager. Them sled pullin' guys know how to make big power!

For the brakes, the place is:
Otts Friction
201 North Columbia Boulevard
Portland, OR 97217
(503) 283-4165
I normally work with Chris, but he is out of the office this week. Andy is helping me with a set of front pads for my race car in Chris' absence. Make sure you tell them you want the most cold static friction possible (they have other materials that work better when warm for the road racing guys), usually an organic material. For drums you can give them a precise measurement of your drum inside diameter, and they can pre-cut the shoes so they don't need any break-in.

Not all of us post what we are doing or need that pat on the back as you do, my project is moving right along schedule with my move back to TX. Your truck is finally running decent as it should for what you have. But when people call me and talk about visiting you in your shop and that you barely know how to turn a wrench, it makes all your post pretty funny.

Even most of your people that help you don't like you, but with so few tube chassis's around there's not much to pick from.

Don't talk to me about not being able to read, you can barely spell your name rather than complete a damn sentence.

no not really..

What i posted is fact. i was being polite.

Your the finest example of a wanna be, you have no truck/track results and your all mouth, no action. You always have a ignorant statment towards me, now that i defend myself you and your buds, get all but hurt.... amazing.

BTW, i never said bean would not do 5's, learn to read, i said it would be harder than you think! But you wouldent know what that means.....

Why would i ad to this i never said he wouldent do it, besides IF it were so easy, everyone in pro street would have done it by now, including you.
But i know better and simply said it would be hard.

Words of wisdom! :Cheer:

Having made my share of 5 second passes (and stood around handing wrenches to the guys doing the real work), I do agree that it is tougher to get there than people think. However, I have every confidence that Dennis wouldn't lose his $1k wager. Them sled pullin' guys know how to make big power!

For the brakes, the place is:
Otts Friction
201 North Columbia Boulevard
Portland, OR 97217
(503) 283-4165
I normally work with Chris, but he is out of the office this week. Andy is helping me with a set of front pads for my race car in Chris' absence. Make sure you tell them you want the most cold static friction possible (they have other materials that work better when warm for the road racing guys), usually an organic material. For drums you can give them a precise measurement of your drum inside diameter, and they can pre-cut the shoes so they don't need any break-in.

Thanks, Michael for that info. About 4 years to late for me though, LOL. It would be a night and day diff. for him if they can do him a set to hold 15-18# rather than the 4-6# that he's seeing now. Honestly, with the truck being up North around new tracks and bigger events I just cant wait to see it perform around the other fast PS trucks. I took that truck to TS the year it got rained out loaded for bear and was going to put on a show or break bad but never got to show it off that day. I was hopiong to drag the Rt. rear fender plum off of it, lol; It had 5's in it that day but never did pull the trigger on that nitrous tune up. Was'nt worth the risk any where else. .082/.125

Ryan Tucker

Last edited:
Not all of us post what we are doing or need that pat on the back as you do, my project is moving right along schedule with my move back to TX. Your truck is finally running decent as it should for what you have. But when people call me and talk about visiting you in your shop and that you barely know how to turn a wrench, it makes all your post pretty funny.

Even most of your people that help you don't like you, but with so few tube chassis's around there's not much to pick from.

Don't talk to me about not being able to read, you can barely spell your name rather than complete a damn sentence.

LOL....Nevermind, your not even worth my time.:redx:

Bean, good luck with your ride.

What happend to the built 6.7 with the manifold etc that was sitting in it. Figured get more Revs with the 5.9? Anyways good luck man.

Decided to back up and punt. Got a little carried away with the other setup. Decided to go much simpler, keep it more reliable and go rounds.

Good luck with the truck bean. Looking forward to seeing it out again. That truck was one of my favorites when ryan was running it.