finished my header finally!!

Looks nice but It will crack, just a matter of time. To help it last a bit longer you may want to tie your primaries together welding a strap between them.

My headers going on if it likes it or not. I will bend, twist, cut, or weld whatever it takes!!! This is just one of many problems I have ran into along the way. Not a big deal. As for the people who insist it will crack overtime, I do agree but I can weld it back up and add gussets or something. Nothing a welder cant fix. :hehe:

i just welded my header for the second time, i know it will crack again, hopefully i only have to take it off once a year to fix tho

mine only has a little crack, that i can see, and ive been running it since last august. it was used before that as well. we'll see how it likes getting wrapped.

Garrett

you guys with cracks, do you have any pics? I would really like to see some pictures of where the cracks happen. Since im in the process of modifying my header I might as well add some gussets now. You guys have convinced me to add support. I just want to see where. Any pictures would be awesome!

Off topic…Are any of you going to be at TS this year? I got plane tickets the other day!

this is an armstrong performance header.

its a small crack and barely leaks, just enough to get soot around it. when i take it off to get machined flat ill weld it up before it gets wrapped.

0408001628.jpg

Garrett

thanks a lot for that photo! Is the crack on the right side right above the weld were it attaches to the flange? It looks black there and it also looks black on the right side where the tubes are butted together (on the edge of the weld). I cant tell if thats a crack or just a shadow.

the little crack is just right above the flange. the other one is just a shadow.

Garrett

Sorry it has been so long but I just “finished” my header and put it on my truck. I put on a new flange and added some support to prevent cracking. I Have not gotten the header on a dyno yet but from just driving around It feels better then the stock manifold. Immediately I notice better throttle response. Under wide open throttle it feels smoother and seems like it pulls harder. The only thing I dislike is that my truck now sounds like a duramax under heavy acceleration. I really need to get it on a dyno to see some real comparisons. I still have not done any major tests with egts, drive pressure, or boost. I just bolted it on yesterday.

Glad to hear you finally got it on. Would like to hear how it sounds, video would be cool.

Back