Fire suits and helmets

roachie

Taco Master
Just wondering who is wearing a suit when they pull. I know the SS and mod rules require a suit and helmet. Does anyone in the lower classes wear one?

I know I dont need to buy but, me and one of the HSG's had an idear on some pics to take so Im just gonna buy one now. And Im gonna get the helmet too.

What rating is needed for pulling?

:thankyou2:

And ideas on how to make a chick in a fire suit sexy are welcome.:woohoo:

Wearing a helment is mandatory in all KOTTPA classes. Although Fire suits are not. Its basically for insurance purposes though. I don't really think there is a rating needed for pulling. I know of a few guys that barrowed "skull caps" from a few bikers out in the crowd just so they could pull, lol. I think Barry (Nail-It) ran to Walmart and bought a bicyle helment just so he could pull with us a Bowling Green, Ky last July lol.

Thats right Justin, Brad is the one that ran to wal mart, while we were unloading the Duramax. The official that checked me in, laughed about it , but he let me pull. Brad said Wal Mart was sold out of motor cycle helmets at that time.

Wearing a helment is mandatory in all KOTTPA classes. Although Fire suits are not. Its basically for insurance purposes though. I don't really think there is a rating needed for pulling. I know of a few guys that barrowed "skull caps" from a few bikers out in the crowd just so they could pull, lol. I think Barry (Nail-It) ran to Walmart and bought a bicyle helment just so he could pull with us a Bowling Green, Ky last July lol.

Yea I ended up running to walmart. On the way there I was thinking, he has to wear whatever I bring him if he wants to pull :Cheer: So of course the first section I run to is the little girls bike section and I find an awesome pink 5 year old helment. Well I feel bad while I am getting it(well half-way bad but I remember all those chevys stickers) so I also run and get him a childs baseball helment so he can have his pick:kick: Needless to say I think Barry will not forget his helment at home anymore.

I will also tell you that we went to a pull in Jackson, TN were they made us have a fire suit and helment. It was really just and excuse to not let us pull with the Local series hero but oh well. Well we didnt have one so we drove 4 hours for nothing. It will pay to just buy one and throw it in the truck than waste the diesel fuel to one place that makes you have it and you dont.

well i don't drink, but if i start ya'll can blame it on Brad

You can run 11 second passes at over 100mph with no other safety devices other than a helmet at most drag strips.

To drag a sled down a dirt track at 20mph you need u joint sheilds, dl loops, dampner shielding, fire extinguisher, fire suit, fire shoes, engine and fuel cutoff switches, and the list goes on................:rules:

Just wondering who is wearing a suit when they pull. I know the SS and mod rules require a suit and helmet. Does anyone in the lower classes wear one?

I know I dont need to buy but, me and one of the HSG's had an idear on some pics to take so Im just gonna buy one now. And Im gonna get the helmet too.

What rating is needed for pulling?

:thankyou2:

Birthday suit > Fire suit

:hehe:

You can run 11 second passes at over 100mph with no other safety devices other than a helmet at most drag strips.

To drag a sled down a dirt track at 20mph you need u joint sheilds, dl loops, dampner shielding, fire extinguisher, fire suit, fire shoes, engine and fuel cutoff switches, and the list goes on................:rules:

That just proves that it takes more balls to drag a sled than race.

Here you go:

Helmet: Drivers must wear a helmet meeting Snell 90, 95, 2000, K98 or SFI Spec 31.1 or 41.1 standards. The retention strap must be securely and snugly fastened The helmet must have the appropriate certification sticker affixed inside it.

Protective Clothing: Drivers must wear a jacket and pants meeting SFI specification 3.2A/5 or 3.2A/15, gloves meeting SFI specification 3.3/15, and shoes or boots meeting SFI specification 3.3/5. Protective clothing exceeding these specifications is permitted. The protective clothing must be labeled with the proper SFI specification.

BBD

08_danica-patrick_behind_04.jpg

08_danica-patrick_behind_08.jpg

Full album:
http://quicktime.cnnsi.com/features/2008_swimsuit/danica-patrick/

Thats what Im lookin for.............. Its looking to be a blck 2 peice suit. Im gonna incorperate some pink boy shorts in it somehow.

If I had highspeed we could debate this all day. Something about running an 10000# tractor 40mph draging a 50K sled just dont seem like the best idea.

Anyway, back on subject.

Chix in fire suits........

Back