First post First Gen buildup

Oh, . . .

The big difference between the VE and P-pump (IMO), is the VE is all business in the lower engine rpms. As I understand things, the P-pump just gets going good when the VE starts rolling off.

If you want a lot out of the VE, you've got to get the air in very early, and a lot of it. ;)

P-pump can make good power over a fairly broad rpm range, is very low maintenance, and has good fuel economy. I would venture to guess that a 13mm p-pump can make about double the hp of a built VE pump on fuel only. The 6.7 adds a bit of extra low end grunt, possibly at the expense of top end power(Not sure yet).
Left graph is 5.9 with 24 deg of timing versus the right graph showing the exact same fueling and air with a 6.7. Graph on right has rpm hand calculated on top of chart and torque calculated at different points on top of curve. Big improvement in daily driving. Same 19mpg on the hwy. 830hp run was with converter unlocked.

Attachments

• 003.jpg
    003.jpg
    50.4 KB · Views: 0
  • 002.jpg
    002.jpg
    56.8 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Thanks for the input gents mind made up going with a p pump found a couple locally im working on getting so we will see.
friday going to be ordering air dog 150 gph and injectors still in the air have been looking at ddp injectors and a couple of others as well.
which company would all of you say is the best for my intention last thing i wanna do is launch nozzle tip into cylinder

Back