First time at the track 12.71 @111.92

anwkid

Hey all, just thought I would share my first experience at the track last night as I am stoked beyond belief! I took the truck to a friday night Test n tune at famoso raceway near bakerfeild, ca. Ive raced buddies on the street with traction issues that have run mid 13's at the track, so that was my goal. First run was a 15 flat @109 because i spun the piss outta it till 330' (almost 4 sec 60') i dropped the tires further to 16#, put an ice chest and tools in the bed and launched on 1-1.5 lbs boost. It dead HOOKED! I ran one more time and split a boost coupler at half track for a 13.52.... It was probobly a blessing in desquise as i have my stock input shaft in it... unfourtonatly there is not much of a (fast) diesel scene around here so I was the only diesel with over 200 other cars. anywhoo just thought id share.:woohoo:

2012-05-25_21-16-18_431.jpg

video...
[ame="http://s209.photobucket.com/albums/bb270/anwboss/?action=view&current=2012-05-25_21-09-32_377.mp4"]2012-05-25_21-09-32_377.mp4 video by anwboss - Photobucket[/ame]

Last edited:
Congratulations, you MPH is fast enough for your truck to run close to 12.0 or even maybe an 11.9x. Need to get the 60' down in the 1.6 range. I wouldn't worry to much about your imput shaft, lots of trucks with way more hp than you have run them and they do well. I'd worry more about the TC and clutch pacs right now. I'd invest in either a set of slicks or drag radials and you times will get much better. Also some Caltracs to make it hook. We raced at your track at the first NADM event back in 2006 I think it was. First time I ever saw 6' tumble weeds flying at 60 mph 200 feet in the air.

Last edited:
That's a killer time for a 2wd on street tires!

Yeah, man, that is really good. Some traction bars and better tires in rear... your trap speed shows you have more potential.

Thanks for all the comments guys! I think I may just get a set of slicks... i have eaten several clutch packs already just daily driving it. Seven trannys this year. You really dont think I will eat an input?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Depends on how hard you can launch it. If it were me, I'd stick to the street tires and have some fun until you need to go through the trans again.

Thanks for all the comments guys! I think I may just get a set of slicks... i have eaten several clutch packs already just daily driving it. Seven trannys this year. You really dont think I will eat an input?

You might snap a shaft, some of the after market shafts haven't faired too well either. All depends on what you want to do.

Great run! With that mph, you're close to 11s with a good hook. If you get slicks, I'd seriously consider a billet input.

Congrats on the pass! Get your traction issues/60' times down and you will be laughing.

Run looked pretty good!!!

12.71 is about all I can reliably run with my Junker Drag Truck on street tires on the no-prep street legal night. You'd be surprised how many vehicles you can beat with that ET and a quick reaction time.

What kind of street tires you running nice 60ft btw

Just for reference I was running 11.8's at that same mph (4wd).