Fix it or New Engine

Bobus

Powerstroked
Found a '03 F350 CC 4x4 6spd XLT 102K miles That can be had for Cheap.. It had a Injector break, Trashed the #3 Piston, and Head, a little damage to the cylinder wall, but think its Fixable.. Would I be better off to fix this or Get a different engine and swap it in?

I honestly never thought about the 12V swap... whats the reminants of the 6.0l worth? Other than boat anchors?

How much of the 6.0l accessories can i put on a cummins? I can get a Engine minus Everything(Alt, Turbo, PS Pump, AC) For $300

Keep the engine wiring harness,coolant temp sensor, oil pressure switch, power steering lines, and the A/C hoses. Thats about all you can reuse.

Depending on what engine you swap in....

Just get a swap engine with the alternator, a/c compressor, and p/s steering pump on it. Its alot easier than it looks.

The engine I found is Plain... pretty much a Short block.. So i was hopin that the Ford stuff would be swapable

Heck just pass on it and let me know were to get it :evil

I would try and find a more complete motor than that. You will rack up a lot of money in misc. parts making that one complete.

I think you should swap it... fixing it will not overthrough all the problems at a time... somewhat a problem will all ways emerge a\if you fix the engine to that level... if this car would be under me then i personaly would have fixed the engine it would be hectic but intresting... but you go for a swap!!!

The 6.0 isn't a bad engine if it's built correctly. The injectors are notoriously a pain in the ass though. I've heard numerous cases where the injector will fail, hang open and hydro the motor after it's shut off. I've never done a cummins swap but I assume that the information available is plentiful. If it were me and I had the money to do the swap, that's the direction I would go.....especially if the truck could be had for cheap enough. The cummins is certainly an easier engine to work on if you wanted to do performance upgrades also.