Flames coming out of the stack.

I was only using smart for timing and turned timing off on the tst. Also only running low numbers on the tst. As far as the valve seats, YES already done that last fall, thats one of the reasons to find out why the fame, so I do not have to take the head off again.

ya just try not to look at it because ya know its not good

Brett..
Man we could have used your truck that year at Carlisle to do our Hot Dog BBQ instead of a charcoal grill,LOL.

Hmmm..
Now I know why I set the towel on fire at SGS last year during my dyno runs too,LOL.......Andy

i have a full exhaust and i can throm a flame. its awesome. but yet i know its bad.

Ok, so stupid question - i think.

I know when the Fords were throwing flames, it was because the raw or unburned fuel was exiting the exhaust, through the turbo and into the dpfe, where it would catch fire and throw flames.

Are the flames coming out the exhaust caused from the continual burn or it is raw fuel that is super hot and when it hit fresh air, it lights?

Sorry I wasn't more specific...I also have done valve seats. I think it is lack of timing.... With my tst on 9x9 it's like driving a 12 valve with low timing. Not enough timing for the extra fuel (Yes the rail is running low at that point but not the feeling i'm describing) I havn't tried to throw fire with the smarty on 8 but probably will. Try running timing on both and see what you get. Every truck is different, mine loves timing, won't hardly go and is a turbo barking fool with my foot in it before it lights with the timing turned down. A friend of mine has a 12 valve with a list of mods, huge cone at 17.5 degrees of timing, but nothing at 22 degrees. The timing cleared his up.

Back