Fleece Performance does 692/1506 on a 63mm Holset Cheetah

carpenca

Revisiting our FPE roots, and feeling the Cummins was needing a little drop in replacement love, we've added another turbo to our lineup. Starting with an HE351cw (HE351ve in process, to be released at a later date), and tested on an EFI Live tuned 2007 6.7CR, sporting 120hp injectors, an FPE prototype stroker pump, and a stock 3rd gen manifold, plus all supporting mods to keep the head on LOL...

Initial testing with the same mods on the stock VGT turbo yielded 592/1208 RW on a Dynojet 224LC dyno. The test charger built off of an HE351cw found stock on 2005-2007 5.9s, and features an FPE custom billet 63mm Compressor and a high flow 65mm turbine wheel, as well as a larger internal wastegate. (21mm vs 24mm) Both the stock charger and Cheetah ran at a set 45psi of boost. The stock charger made 85 psi of drive at 45 psi of boost, while EGTs were 1900* @ 3000 RPM. The 63mm Cheetah made 45psi of boost and 55 psi of drive while only hitting 1550* @ 3000 RPM.

Final results showed nearly a 100 RWHP, 300 RWTQ gain over the stock VGT turbo, plus a significant drop in drive pressure and EGTs. Street mannersims are excellent, with great spool up, no annoying compressor surge, and outstanding top end power gains; all while still being a drop in replacement option on a stock or aftermarket T3 manifold. More dyno testing will be underway in the coming weeks on a heavily fueled 5.9. This charger is an option for near every model Cummins on the road today, and can be built to appear stock on all trucks from 1st gen to 4th gen.

Caleb

PS. Ill get a dyno graph comparison up when I get a digital copy.

Last edited:
Yeah, how much to upgrade an He351cw to the 63mm version? I'd love to test one on my Junker Drag Truck's compound setup: currently 82mm HT4B pushing 40-55 psi into a stock ported wastegate 60mm He351cw.

The chargers are $1847.50 for both the VGT and fixed Geometry version. We build these chargers off of core HE, HY, HX variations, so the upgrade price is set. We are also looking for more cores to purchase and build off of.

Caleb

Wow, sounds like a good upgrade for the stock turbo sled pullers that need every bit of edge to win. Unfortunately, that's not in the budget range of the Junker Drag Truck so I'll have to sit this one out.

65mm turbine wheel in the stock 9cm housing? Or are you modifying the turbine housing? (Other than enlarging the wastegate.)

Wow, sounds like a good upgrade for the stock turbo sled pullers that need every bit of edge to win. Unfortunately, that's not in the budget range of the Junker Drag Truck so I'll have to sit this one out.
Yeah not too many people gonna spend 1900 on a stock based charger.

Yeah not too many people gonna spend 1900 on a stock based charger.

Really? And what would be a better option for the money? Yet guys spend $3000 on a turd, that doesn't perform half as well with the fueling we have subjected this charger to. The goal is to make over 700rwhp, on a drop in replacement charger. In all reality, $1850 is a pretty cheap price tag for a charger you can drop in and support near 700 rwhp, while bettering the driving characteristics over the stock charger, and cooling EGTs a couple hundred degrees. Let's be realistic, there are not many options out there that gain you all of those things without giving anything up.

We will try and get videos and dyno graphs up over the weekend while the shop isn't so hectic. I know you boys will just have to see it to believe it, but this little charger is really a bad dude!

Caleb

PS A replacement HE351cw, new is over a grand if it's not a Chinese knock off..... Just some food for thought.

Last edited:
Do these modified He351's get a larger shaft to go along with the upgraded wheels? What about the journal bearings and thrust bearing?

Just curious about what all is upgraded. If it's just fitting larger wheels into the stock housing utilizing the stock shaft, it would be hard to swallow $1,800. I would assume that since the exhaust turbine wheel is larger, it also has a new shaft which could possibly mean larger bearings if the exhaust half of the shaft is enlarged. It sounds like there could be a lot of custom work that goes into one of these upgraded stockers which would help justify the cost.

Im tuned in for more on this for sure.

Released at a later date as in a month or so or 6 months ?

How much for just the compressor wheel and cover?

Sent from my rooted Velocity Ally

Ok Fellas, heres a video of some dyno testing done over the weekend. The only changes from previous runs was the addition of a FPE stage 2 prototype CP3 as well as adjusting the wastegate to make 50 PSI of boost. (for testing purposes only)

http://youtu.be/itdrCaUrt8Y

We may have a VGT model up and running by weeks end, in hopes that it will be able to support near the same kind of performance gains.

As far as upgraded internals and machine work, theses chargers spend at least 2 hours in machine, plus assembly, plus a 100% FPE exclusive, FPE engineered, and FPE tested custom cut billet compressor! All chargers are built with OEM Holset Parts so the quality is not in question.

Caleb

Last edited:
....PS A replacement HE351cw, new is over a grand if it's not a Chinese knock off..... Just some food for thought.

Turbo Supply in Joplin MO sells em new for $887 + shipping..... Just FYI. That's genuine new holset.......

I'm sorry.... I think it's rather steep when compared to a larger S300 based charger or smaller S300 charger that flows as well or better and really isn't much laggier.......

Just my $.02