Ford-cummins.com ???

carcrafter22

Does anyone have any experience with ford-cummins.com? I am wondering about thier motot mounts and tranny adapters for a 2000 F250 to 6bt.

Any complaints? I am mostly worried about quality of materials not so much customer service since thats impossible to actually find these days. LOL

Thanks
Randy

thats what I figured. Its not for me so I was just trying to get some opinions about them. Can you give me any reason why you dont like them?

I wouldnt buy from them cause product is no good and there motor rebuild arent that great, and they dont stand behind warranty work just my two cents

How long is the wait for destroked parts normally? Say you paid for an adapter order ~8 weeks ago, how soon would you expect them?

I know Scott was 2-weeks out on my last order as he had to do a run of 30 something plates....

Get all your conversion parts from Destroked and then get a subscription to Alldata for all your wiring needs! Scott will probably be very helpful for answering any questions during the conversion as he was for me....or just ask here and we can all help ya out!

I have used both, had good and bad with both. Destroked would not return my calls. Had problems with flex plate. Scott had no help on the wiring. His mid plate was very nice.
Ford-Cummins....They custom made some parts for me. Very nice work and fast... But limited on wiring....They did answer their phones and try to help.
To be fair, I was putting a 5.9l CR in a 2005 Ford F-350 with the 5R110 trans in late 2006. Ford-Cummins had not done one at that time and had not started to develop the install kit. Destroked said they had done that install. Was told second hand Clint at ATS was doing the R&D on that install for Scott while I was doing my own R&D on it. That info came from inside ATS.
The moral of this story is..... get your parts where you feel best.....don't think they have all the answers.....your kinda on your own.

I used FordCummins and I think the adapters were very nice and clean, but the motor mounts sucked, but they did always answer the phone like toobadq already said

Do you still have to cut the bellhousing on the FC adapters? That was a big turn-off to me.

I have used both, had good and bad with both. Destroked would not return my calls. Had problems with flex plate. Scott had no help on the wiring. His mid plate was very nice.

Scott has always returned my calls! I understand he is busy in his shop just as well all are and when he gets to it he calls me back! He was very helpful with my setup and getting it wired up and at least got me in the right direction if he did not know! I can not say anything about Ford-cummins. I never even thought about them b/c there was no way in hell I was going to cut my bellhousing to make the starter fit!

and had not started to develop the install kit.

:hehe:

The moral of this story is..... get your parts where you feel best.....don't think they have all the answers.....your kinda on your own.

People need to understand that there is no "Kit" that shows up at your door with all the parts and an installation manual!!:bang Way to many variables in the different conversions to make a kit.

Destroked parts all the way by the way:poke:

DE stroked, we are doing the swap on my buddy's 97 ford, put a 12v in it, got everything but the motor mounts from destroked and the stuff is good. ford-cummins supplied the motor mounts and the motor sits crooked, and is either too far up when used on the recommended bolt holes, and too far back when we move it back a notch, left us with a lot more custom machining then we wanted. its to be expected during a swap, but hell, EVERY part from de-stroked is on the money!

BUT ford cummins does answer the phones, but I never had a problem with scott getting back to me when we had a question as well.

Last edited: