Found a little more....

Nice run! A little more tuning and that S400 should come on quicker!

That is a71mm a5k primary... I think thats doing pretty well to be doing 560hp!
More fuel pressure now! Or dv's or injectors... Pick one!

Fuel pressure I think, then a 13mm pump ;) Might as well go big, as seeing as my goal is 1000rwhp on fuel!

What is the boost reading on both chargers, not just total?

The atmospheric is doing most of the work....the 57mm is kinda along for the ride. When I tried to drive it harder (shut the wastegate) boost went up, but drive pressure went crazy, so I'm just leaving it as-is for now. The 71mm is at 35-40psi.

5x18s...going to try an S400-based 65mm and a 106mm Garrett, along with a Scheid pump.

Not sure. They seem to burn pretty clean for the size. Might be the pop pressure.

Not sure. They seem to burn pretty clean for the size. Might be the pop pressure.

I had a set that ran similar, barely any noticeable smoke gain over a 5x.014, and were pretty clean for the size. I had the pintle modified but I ended up never running those again.

I bet you can squeeze a tad more with those injectors if the pintle hasn't been modified yet.

The atmospheric is doing most of the work....the 57mm is kinda along for the ride. When I tried to drive it harder (shut the wastegate) boost went up, but drive pressure went crazy, so I'm just leaving it as-is for now. The 71mm is at 35-40psi.

Definaty along for the ride! With some simple math in my head I see the A3K is only pushing about 7 psi while the primary is at 38(averaged). Still awesome number.

My only question is, wouldn't you think you could probably get better number with running the A5K as a single?

Definaty along for the ride! With some simple math in my head I see the A3K is only pushing about 7 psi while the primary is at 38(averaged). Still awesome number.

My only question is, wouldn't you think you could probably get better number with running the A5K as a single?

Yes! But it's hard to argue spooling at 1,500rpm for a street truck. And forget about towing heavy without compounds. The whole plan for the truck was to do everything well, and I'm not willing to compromise that for 30 extra HP, which is about what I saw power-wise in our turbo test.

I must have mis understood the plan, I thought you were just wanting a 1000hp. But I totally agree that compounds are the bees knees of spooling. My chargers start building boost at 1200 and are fully alive at say 1800(VP truck without wire tap).

564 is getting after it for sure, I remember back in late 2007 or early 2008 when one of your DPC competitors only had like 521 hp.

The world is now filled with 1000 HP monsters; makes the incredibly hot 550+ HP street trucks look like a child's toy.

So Jason give a brief rundown on the fueling mods to date:

5x.018" injectors
Delivery Valves?
Racked Barrels?
4k or 5k GSK?
Fuel pressure at psi? Supplied by what type of pump?
Rack plug?
Plate?
AFC fully modified?
Dual fed pump?
Timing set to xx*BTDC?

5x.018" injectors.............Yup, F1 Diesel, more pop ;)
Delivery Valves?..............024, low smoke, low heat, good power
Racked Barrels?.................nope
4k or 5k GSK?.....................Garmon's "Hold my Beer" GSK
Fuel pressure at psi? Supplied by what type of pump?....Raptor 100 pusher/stock
Rack plug?.....yes
Plate?.......no
AFC fully modified?.....What's that? :hehe: Kidding...no mods.
Dual fed pump?........nope
Timing set to xx*BTDC?....relaxed....21 deg indicated

There's a lot more for sure, but as a magazine, gotta keep a lot of it as something that anyone can do (no "special" mods, grinding stuff, etc) I think it's pretty good.

Whats your total boost? I run a similiar setup(he341/gt4294), and i can only make 50 psi with it buried to the floor.

I need to get some more gauges, and do some proper twin tuning. i only have a total boost gauge.

Back