Found my new cam

Ryan, not trying to tell you anything cause you have it together.....no doubt but if I were you I would look into springs, locks&keepers and push rods.....your at that range.

Jim

Yes thats the Chad, hes my cousin. I dont see him much anymore, we both have had the same love for the cummins for many years, i just turned mine to racing, and i believe Chad uses his power more for the heavy hauling for his carpenter work. I heard yall re did the engine in his ol red 94, cool hes been meaning to come to a race one of these days. As far as Houston, ya i dont see anything changing as far a trannies, its just a 3 spd and i just run it in the 1/8th. I could tighten up the gov. springs and install a super tall gear and prob. make it work but...its just not what i built it for. Ive rolled through in the 10.6o's at the same mph i ran in the 1/8th. I am still running the stock camshaft, i really need to get with you some time and discuss a cam for the future in this short track truck. At least get something in front of the cam gear, i hear to many stories of them walking forward. Thanks for the data, i was just wondering how much better these springs i have are over the stockers i pulled off...
Ryan

dont dought it one bit

Ryan, not trying to tell you anything cause you have it together.....no doubt but if I were you I would look into springs, locks&keepers and push rods.....your at that range.

Jim

Jim, you know i take advise well, thats how ive learned tons hell most of what i know now on these engines. I dont dought one bit that i should be running the better parts in this engine, heck im still one the same ol factory cam, id love to get into better parts but these days money is to tight, it will have to do as is far a while. Also running the 1/8 rather than the 1/4 is also saving parts im sure, if the ol pyro is pegged @ 2k by 400 feet id hate to know what it was at 1320'. Ryan
P.S. Need more air!

Your on the right track, that puppy scoots without a doubt! We are the little guys with a budget!

Jim

hey Zach, im in depending on what weekend you decide to have the get together!

Zach, pal if your trying to establish a name for yourself you are going about completely wrong!
Totally agree....but guess we are in the minority?

Basic selling 101. Talk about your product but don't knock the competitors product!!!
In doing so, you criticize anyone that may have already purchased from that vendor!

Got a better mouse trap? Explain why it's better.... without criticizing other brands.
Hard to get someone to buy from you when you imply they were dumb... or hoodwinked.... or less than smart the last time they bought. :)

Zach - Your obvious energy and your value added services (like this seminar) will sell your product very well.... if the product works!

RJ

Last edited:
Zach, when's your seminar? I already have your cam but would still be interested in coming.

I was looking at doing it early dec. but now I have to go to the PRI show on the 13th. I might do it the second week in January now. Does this sound good for everybody?

Zach

Mid january for sure then. Maybe I can get Geoff with colt cams and piers to come down. Who else is in? I need to know how much BBQ/Beer to get.

Back