Free Rev Boost #'s????

This post has my interest even though it really doesn't mean anything. I find it funny that I just put full cuts in my truck the other week and was playing with the throttle noticing how much harder the truck was "torquing" when I noticed my boost guages. I run a boost and a drive pressure, both always read almost exactly the same, both in a quick free rev were hitting over 30lbs. I run conservative twins, a 63 ats 3000 on a 71 ats 5000, and a TST 4000 GSK. My timing is 23 degrees. I didn't rev above 3500 rpm. Seems really high compared to everyone else doesn't it?

94, 160 pump. that was before i ported the manifold. i havent been able to test again due to the lift pump failing. i expect it to be somewhat lower now

my 95 has a set of old banks gauges on it that only go to 35 psi. when i put the tweaked 215 pump with a set of 5k springs it would peg the gage with a quick blip of the throttle. this is with stock injectors and a stock turbo.

i think like 5-10psi @ 3-3500. 131s, 180 injectors, 20.75*, CDS 5k, armstrong header, 18.5cm exh housing, no plate, AFC modded FF.

Garrett

I got around 5 to 7 in park reving it up to 2500 rpm. Stocker / 480 twins.

Does the winner of this competition get a new cam that doesn't cause so much no load boost?

Press it!
turbo-boost.jpg

Well, free-reving boost has an advantage for use manual trans folks. This way we have the turbo spooling sooner as soon as we engage the clutch with very little load on the motor. Avoiding slipping the clutch so much

Back