free TDI performance cams

Hamilton Cams

ignorant
I have a grind that we have messed around with in the past. On a slightly modified car it nets 11-15hp and around 15ftlbs. We are currently in the process of working on a new more aggressive grind for cars that live at the higher rpms of road racing and drag racing. I need one or two people to do some testing for me. Must be able to give before and after #'s as well as handle installation. If you want to know more PM me for more info.

Zach Hamilton

Zach, I have the perfect guy in mind. Unfortunately I am not going to be able to get ahold of him till the middle of december (he is in a camp in northern Saskatchewan) He has a 01 TDI that he has been working on. He has a box, intake, and injectors on it so far.

I will talk to him when he gets back, you will probably have someone by then, but it wont hurt for me to talk to him

Kevin

I am looking for somebody that already has gauges. injectors a box and preferably a turbo. Someone that is hitting a wall as far as power is concerned and that has smoke that never quite clears up.

I'm not against the pd but I would like to tackle the earlier models first. If I was going to do a PD I need to get a cam core. Any body got a spare?

Zach

As far as IDI I might be up for that after TDI. How much have you gotten out of an IDI? Do you have smoke issues?

Zach

come on zach lets do some IDI stuff!!! Me and zukgod1 live right buy each other..and we both have some pretty pissed off idi's with big hybrid turbos, fully turned up VE pumps(no rpm gov) big injectors..port and polish gasket matched....and gauges of corse...
1.6 is I high reving little bugger...but lets do springs/cam combo!!!:evil:st::tree:

Oh yeah we also have big nasty race clutches to hold the power too!!

As far as IDI I might be up for that after TDI. How much have you gotten out of an IDI? Do you have smoke issues?

Zach

Smoke at lower RPM's till the turbo lites then just a tad above 25psi and 4000 rpm. I can smoke out the entire freeway till then. Even have a citation to prove it. :bang

Waiting for Mark to get his back together so we can both hit the rollers at the same time.
I don't doubt there is a market for IDI cams. May not be as big as the TDI's but it's here. I was pretty surprised to see the following these little suka's have.

Hey I have a couple IDI cams I could send ya as well to aid in the production.

:clap: OK about time!

So when can I get a cam for my fully custom forged 2.1L tdi motor with custom head porting, valves, and larger than stock turbo? Car has the largest nozzles that money can buy on it, and will easily support a second turbo... (Which is in the works once its running).

I emailed with details what can you tell us about your cam design?

I would be interested if you have them for the PD motor. I have a BRM engine that is pushing the limits at 201HP and 352TQ. I have the PD150 injectors, a bigger turbo and tune. You can check out my website in my sig for more info on the car. :)

Thanks!

Another question I bought a couple of engines the other day to get cams to regrind but the cams were trashed. Does anybody have a few cam cores laying around?

Thanks
Zach Hamilton

Im not sure if they will fit in a TDI head but I have some IDI cams layin around that are in fairly decent shape. Not sure how your going to do the regrind, but I would guess your going to add metal to the lobes and build them up then grind to your specs, am I correct?

I would say that TDI cams might be hard to find in good shape.

Last edited:
I have a few tdi and IDI valves kicking around in decent shape. Get a hold of me via pms and we can talk more. I would love to have a cam that gave around 10.5mm of lift :) 256/260 grind OUPS! did I give cam info out ;)

I have located a few cores and should be able to give all of you some more info soon.

Zach Hamilton