Friday Qualifying and other thoughts

IdahoRob

Comp Diesel Sponsor
Event was run smoothly even though the rain tried to spoil the fun.

The decision to have qualifying on Friday afternoon was a great idea. The world finals was a much better event because of this. The reason being was the amount of breakage that was fixed in the pits on Friday night/Saturday morning. I personally saw 3 pro street teams and 2 super street teams repairing things that would not of had time to do so during a same day event. I'm sure there were more with work to do. Also helps reviewing data that can be adjusted to better prepare the trucks for the day ahead.

Stevie the hired announcer is a great addition, please do everything you can to have him come back.

Great group of competitors and a bunch of very fast trucks this year. Pro Street and Super Street trucks are really stepping it up as well as Top Diesel. This year seemed a bit more laid back and light hearted as more and more of the people become friends. There is a lot of helping each other out even though competing against each other. Makes for a great event.

Nice job NHRDA!

Last edited:
Pretty much agree with all of the above! About the only thing I was hoping for was an earlier start on Friday to allow one more pass in Sportsman, for those of us running borrowed trucks! I suppose Randy & JJ saw that as one more chance for people to break though!

I liked that they had reserved the pro pit spots as well, saves the jockeying around that sometimes happens. I was pleasantly surprised how many of the fans tried waiting out the rain, but bummed that not as many came back for Sunday (but I understand if they had other plans). Looking forward to next year already!!!

100% agree, well done and hope it says like that!!

NHRDA cares about the racers and the events...No Doubt!

I know it was nice to have time to fix the car Friday night.
Another qualifying pass Saturday couldn't have hurt.. Just in case the weather changed a bunch to get a touch more tuning in.
Track prep was amazing this go round. I actually cut my best 60'ever Saturday.
You guys did great this year, it didn't seen as hurried, thoughi know it was..
Thanks again!

I've been thinking the same thing Rob. Friday was one of the most layed back days of racing and hanging out I've ever had. Great event!

I agree with you guys completely but no one is thinking about the extra $5000 to $7500 it costs to have Friday night qualifying

We for sure will have it the same way at next years world finals but unless I hit the lottery I doubt we will have it during regular season.

But never say never it might happen

Most tracks run Friday night test and tunes. Combine the two and it should cost next to nothing for you and will be a way to get good exposure for the diesel stuff too.

Most tracks run Friday night test and tunes. Combine the two and it should cost next to nothing for you and will be a way to get good exposure for the diesel stuff too.

They've already done that at several tracks. LOL, sometimes it's too many passes (like before the ISSPRO race in Woodburn) and too many trucks break before race day!

For a change I completely agree with Wade on a post! ;)

They've already done that at several tracks. LOL, sometimes it's too many passes (like before the ISSPRO race in Woodburn) and too many trucks break before race day!

For a change I completely agree with Wade on a post! ;)

I think I saw you down there helping Rob on some gauges. If so Sorry I didn't get a chance to meet you.

I think I saw you down there helping Rob on some gauges. If so Sorry I didn't get a chance to meet you.

That was probably me! I was helping install a prototype datalogger he was testing for us. My build is taking a bit longer than planned, but I am still interested in your manifolds!

I'll agree Rob. I also want to say thank you for being respectful with us in the mustang on Friday night. Yall went out of your way and apologized for going in front of us so you could watch the licensing pass. Even though you didn't have to it was nice to see some sportsmanlike conduct in the lanes.

Hats off to NHRDA!! Thank you for all your efforts in putting on a great season and race once again.

Hats of to the NHRDA for another great year, the two day event was great and almost to relaxed at times lol. We were one of the ones scrambling Fri night and Sat morn to get things rolling but big change this year and hopefully that won't happen again lol.

NHRDA does an awesome job and without them there would be a lot of trucks sitting collecting dust so keep up the AWESOME job and looking forward to next year!!!!