from bad to worse...

B18B1LS1

I just pulled the pan again on my new (to me) DTT billet 47rh. The pan has a lot of clutch material in it now, within 50 miles tops. The fluid came out a purple color as well, which I'm assuming was all the clutch material mixed in it. I thought all was well with it until the delayed lock-up torque converter issue, and then the shift from 1st to 2nd become super soft out of nowhere. Time for a refresh and a once over diag from a pro I assume? Or is there anything else to do you guys would recommend in my situation? I HATE transmissions right now :doh:

I bought it with 15,000 highway miles total. So under 16k still.

Hmm...little late to still be finding lots of clutch material...I'd say she's hurt!

Chris

That's what I'm thinking too. I would love to do it myself, but not knowing if I caused the issue in the first place or something else being out of whack worries me. I would hate to refresh it for it to only happen again.

He sold the truck. I met the guy, he actually delivered the trans to me. Super nice and seemed like a stand up guy, I'm not blaming him at all. The miles he put on were driving from Alaska to Florida, then Florida up to Kentucky. He actually helped with the TS race a couple years when he worked at Beech Bend. He is a member on here as well.

what if there was some sort of defect that neither one of you knew about one of the parts have u contacted dtt?

It's time to have that tranny GARMONIZED!!!!!!

You know what the Best is!!!!! ^^^^^^

Sence you're allready in GA I would let Jeff have a look at it.
Billy

I will let Jeff go through it if DTT can't/won't be able to do anything. They aren't very close obviously and Jeff is only a few minutes up the road. It's just going to be a matter of money, especially not knowing what the outcome may be.

I got your email.....and have checked all the threads. I'm running out the door right now, but will be back later to post some ideas.

Also if your needing a DTT rep to look at it, Tim Barber's in VA and knows how to build a great trans with great support. I drove 9hrs from OH and never regretted it!

Lavon

I've considered finding the closest DTT dealer. But it would almost be cheaper to just take it to Jeff by the time I paid fuel, food, and possible lodging going that far. And then I know I can go back to him in the future if need be as well.

I've considered finding the closest DTT dealer. But it would almost be cheaper to just take it to Jeff by the time I paid fuel, food, and possible lodging going that far. And then I know I can go back to him in the future if need be as well.

Thats a NO brainer dude!!!

Closer, less costly, and certainly the CHIT when its done....!!! You know!! I'm not telling you anything you and most don't already know though....

I am not the original owner, I'm #2. They have my name on file as the current owner now but thats it. I would imagine they will help me diag the problem if I go that route, but I don't expect them to warranty anything for me even with the low mileage. It would be nice though!