Front Drive Shaft

When it is at running temp yes it is a constant flow but when its not then the pressure n the system drops n u get air pockets. An example is with the truck at full temp if u open the cap it will spray out everywhere until the pressure becomes a static pressure. If u open it after it has sat all nite u can take it off completely and if u look down the whole the fluid level can be a couple inches from the top. That's where u get the air pockets.

Because the water pump sucks from the top?

Regardless, until the thermostat opens, the water pump is circulating the coolant that's in the engine only. Since the thermostat is below the upper radiator hose, and you are keeping your radiator full like you should, there should be no air pockets in the engine itself.

Furthermore, when the engine cools down the vacuum created by the shrinking coolant will suck more antifreeze from the overflow bottle into the radiator to fill that space and keep air out of the system.

You are keeping a fluid level in the overflow bottle aren't you? That is its purpose, it gives the coolant someplace to go when it gets hot and expands and then allows it to go back into the engine when it cools off.

Im speaking from experience. Back wen I had a dd instead of my puller I started it with it plugged in everytime. It went out. Then I started unplugging it before I started it. Never had a problem since.

so all in all it porbavbly wont be that big of an issue? once again thanks for all the info

-Chris

I wouldn't imagine so. My work truck has 248,xxx in it and i plug it in probably 180-200 nights a year(I live in western wy). Every day it idles for atleast 5 minutes before I unplug it. It's still on the factory original cord and heater element, so I highly doubt it would be a problem