Frozen Boost air/water? anyone try one for street?

Ragged75

just curious if anyone has used, tried, or proven added horse by adding one of frozen boost's air to water intercoolers?(type26) was going to try and put one between my 66 turbo and the stock intercooler. I believe theres enough room I could sneak it between the two. I pull street legal class and I think I could hide this pretty good. I'd just run lines to a cooler in the box when I pull, and nothing when driving down the road. I know on my dyno runs I can't even touch my stock intercooler after even one pull, so I know my temps got to be hot. any thoughts or input would be appreciated.. they're relatively cheap. worth a shot?

Long Flow Style Water to Air Intercooler

Mine won't be done for awhile but I'm using their kit with some modifications.

ybapyga6.jpg
ypemuny8.jpg

WHOA! nice! looks like heck of a setup. I think the one I was going to use is the one you got just above the valve cover. pretty sure I could hide that and the lines. have to do some runs with and without pumping water though it. see what it does

If you're looking to hide it, a nice inline round one is alot more inconspicuous.

The one in the first picture on the left is the same one sitting on top of the valve cover.

Last edited:
Ive been thinking about doing this for a while on the half ton for mostly drag racing

If you're looking to hide it, a nice inline round one is alot more inconspicuous.

The one in the first picture on the left is the same one sitting on top of the valve cover.

oh. I see now.. thought maybe you were running two separate ones.. but yeah.. the barrel type is the one I was going to use...just wonder how much it will actually gain...you'd think it'd help like heck if my intercooler is so hot I cant touch it now. guess I might just have to order one up and try it. wouldn't be out much if it didn't show any gains on the dyno

Depends on how cold the water is, they can drop temps a pretty good amount. While still flowing great numbers